Met the surgeon yesterday....

Ginnny
on 2/20/16 7:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Surgeon scared me a little, I guess in terms of WLS I'm a light weight, I thought he was going to tell me he couldn't do it!

Surgery is April 11th, 7 weeks away.  Seems a long time to wait but it does allow me to go on vacation in March!

So for now, the focus is Mexico in 2-1/2 weeks, and I can also do another 4 week (minus vacay) round of cross fit which will start March 7th.  Only thing is the last week of cross fit will be my first week of Opti, hopefully I have the energy and don't get too hungry!

They are supposed to call next week to order my opti, maybe I'll see if there is a surgical opening in early April.

And I just read a post  Opti vs. Premier Protein.....interesting, but I feel like I would be already breaking the rules before I even get started.

K.

need_to_run_81
on 2/20/16 10:48 am

Congratulations!!!  I'm sure the 7 weeks will fly by!  

What centre are you going through?

A

Ginnny
on 2/20/16 1:43 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Orientation and all appts were done in Windsor. Surgery at TWH 

nitethyme
on 2/21/16 7:09 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 12/18/15

Hi, I also had read posts on Opti vs Premier Protein however I went with the Opti but bought a few cases of Premier as well ... I had no issues with the Opti but if I was going to be out and didn't have a Opti available or accessible I always took a Premier Protein to substitute. The last Opti of the day was always chocolate for me with less water and I made a 'pudding' out of it just for a little change.  Personally I would go with the Opti because as you said you'd already be breaking the rules before you started ... but of course that's just me ... it wouldn't hurt to have some Premier Proteins on hand even for later as I still use them for my on the run breakfast, etc. Good luck on your surgery and have a great time in Mexico!

Referral: September 2014; TWH Orientation: December 9, 2014; Social Worker: March 2015; Nutrition Class: May 5,  2015; Nurse Practitioner: May 20, 2015; Psych Evaluation: August 2015; Nutritionist: September 2015; Meet the Surgeon: November 6, 2015; Pre-Op: December 4, 2015; Scheduled Surgery: December 18, 2015; HW 367; SW 341

T. drouillard
on 2/23/16 3:02 am - windsor, Canada

Congrats !!! How long did u have to wait after ur surgical education class to hear from the surgeon ?? I just had my class yesterday in Windsor and just wondering how long I may be waiting to meet the surgeon now ! 

Ginnny
on 2/23/16 3:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi, I did my surgical ed class on December 17th and met the surgeon on Feb. 19th.

I ended up calling TWH the second week of January or so because I wanted to request a specific hospital for the telehealth appointment (and I'm not very patient).  They told me then that it had been booked for the 19th of Feb.  I suspect if I hadn't made that call I wouldn't have been notified of my appointment until around the first of February.

Most Active
Recent Topics