Decaf coffee allowed during week 1 & 2 post op

canadianmommyof2
on 3/21/16 6:16 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

Does any vets know if we're allowed decaf coffee week 1 & 2 post op? In hospital we were allowed decaf tea. But the binder we received from TWH doesn't say we're allowed decaf tea and coffee until week 3&4 post op.  Confused,  please help. 

Thanks, 

Jen

crqvingchange
on 3/21/16 6:21 am

I'm not a vet, but I am pretty sure you are allowed decaf coffee.  My booklet from Guelph says you can have decaf coffee, but not sure about TWH.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

NorthernStar
on 3/21/16 6:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Check with your centre, but decaf coffee is usually fine. They even served it to me in the hospital along with my fluids.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 7:27 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Many were served tea and coffee right on their hospital tray and it said bariatric food so if you got either then obviously it's fine.  Have never heard of any centre saying you have to wait to week 3 but you could always check with the dietitian to make sure.

lammytee14
on 3/21/16 8:01 am

I believe we were allowed to have decaf (for those of us through Ottawa) but I spent so much time trying to get protein and water in, I had no interest in decaf. I don't think I felt like having any until a few weeks out.

Tammy

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

canadianmommyof2
on 3/21/16 12:46 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

The nurse from TWH called today so I asked her about the decaf coffee and she said I was ok to have decaf coffee. 

sneezy6145
on 3/21/16 5:58 pm

I just started getting some things today for after surgery. I got some decaf herbal tea. I'm not a big tea drinker, unless it's freezing outside but I'll probably enjoy the herbal tea, hopefully,  lol.

canadianmommyof2
on 3/22/16 7:34 am
RNY on 03/16/16

If you're having your surgery at TWH bring the herbal tea with you. They kept giving me coffee for breakfast-regular coffee and they should know we're not allowed that.  The nurse manager actually went and bought me a decaf few one morning because he couldn't find decaf tea in food services. Later food services told me they brought a whole bag of decaf camomile tea up but my lazy nurse never told me anything about it and I never received one any days later. 

The hot tea might also help soothe your stomach. It helped me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics