Surgeon appointment yay !!!

T. drouillard
on 3/21/16 7:46 am - windsor, Canada

WOOHOOO lol finally that much closer !!! I had my surgical education class on feb 23, we were told that we would get a call for our surgeon appointment within 2 months of that education class , I was a little impatient and found a email address for the Manager of the bariatric Centre at TWH where I'm having my surgery , so I emailed her and asked if my case had been reviewed yet and I got a reply within an hour and she gave me my date.. May 6th :) I'm so excited .. Im almost there lol !! I know it's always different but how long is the typical wait for surgery at TWH one u have ur surgeons appointment ? I wi**** was YESTERDAY lol I'm so ready to get things going !

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/21/16 8:53 am - Canada

Yeah!!!!!   time will fly by now !!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

T. drouillard
on 3/21/16 9:30 am - windsor, Canada

Thanks ! 

sneezy6145
on 3/21/16 9:21 am

I'm going through HRRH. I think I did things a little backwards. I met with the surgeon first because I was referred to himmby the hospital Dr, because I was having a major gall bladder attack. When the hospital dr found out I was thinking about gastric bypass he said it made sense to have my gall bladder out at the same time. So, any way I met with the surgeon March of 2015. I finally have my trio appointments this Thursday and next Tuesday. Then back with the internist on April 13th. I hope I'll get my surgery date soon after that. From what I read the average seems to be 13 months from start to surgery. The time does fly by as you study. 

T. drouillard
on 3/21/16 9:29 am - windsor, Canada

I'm with the bariatric clinic in Windsor, here your surgeons appt if the last step before surgery , and when u meet with the surgeon you usually get your surgery date . If I have my surgery date is mid- late June then it from start to fini****'ll have taken me 10 months ? everything has went smooth and without issues for me, good luck with all ur up coming appointments ? 

Ginnny
on 3/21/16 9:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I met the surgeon on February 19th and my surgery is april 11th at TWH. My orientation was July 2nd so yeah about 10 months for me too 

need_to_run_81
on 3/23/16 6:28 am

I met my surgeon at TWH on March 4th, my surgery is May 6th.  So that's 8 weeks.  

T. drouillard
on 3/23/16 9:54 am - windsor, Canada

You must be so excited !!!! Congratulations on ur surgery date ! 

need_to_run_81
on 3/28/16 6:21 pm

Thank you!  I am! It will be just weeks short of 24 months from my referral to surgery.  I'm so ready!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics