Is it normal to indulge so much right now??

Hidingaway
on 4/17/16 8:57 am

As my meet my surgeon date approaches I find myself justifying my binging because pretty soon I wont be able to :(((

Is this normal? Did anyone go through this also??

Referral Oct 10 2015

Orientation Nov 25 2015

Sleep Study Dec 5 2015

Sleep Clinic Results Jan 15 2016

Nurse Practioner Jan 18 2016

Dietician/Social Worker Feb 5 2016

2nd Sleep study Feb 5 2016

Started using CPAP Feb 18 2016

2nd Sleep Study results March 17 2016-official prescription

Pre-surgical class March 30 2016

Meet the surgeon April 20 2016

SURGERY MAY 19 2016 !!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/16 9:55 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I call them food funerals and many do it.  I stopped myself from it as I didn't need to gain anymore weight and I knew I would had I given in to them.  Most of us think we will never eat this or that again but in all honesty once you hit goal, you can allow yourself just about anything you could have pre-op just in smaller quantities and not too often but still allowed now and then.

nstewart94
on 4/17/16 11:16 am - Canada

I have my last surgeon appointment on May 10, and I'm doing the same thing. More with the stuff I know I won't allow myself after surgery- pasta, desert, snacks. After the 10th I'm allowing 1 "last" things i can't have dinner before opti fast.

referral Feb.4/15,orientation hrrh Apr.24/15, sleep test May7/15 ,2nd sleep test Oct.30/15, Dr.Klein Dec.10/2015,trio appointments Feb.17/16.Apr.4/16 Dr.Glazer Dr.Klein May10/16              Surgery May 25/16

roxytrim
on 4/17/16 12:56 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

As Tracey wrote lots of people have these food funerals,  and I guess it is not all bad particularily if you take time to examine the "whys".  This is surgery on our bodies not our brains.  

need_to_run_81
on 4/17/16 2:13 pm

I had many food funerals just before starting Opti. One last ice Capp, one last favourite butter tart, one last perogies with sour cream and bacon. I imagine they won't be "last", but I know it will probably be a few years before I allow them into my diet. I gained 3lbs.  And on day 3 of Opti, I'm kind of glad I did. My husband is now funeraling the left overs, as he has decided to start a clean eating diet while I'm doing Opti (as he can lose all his excess weight before I'm back from surgery).  I think it's pretty normal so long as you don't go crazy.  

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/17/16 7:43 pm - Canada

Yup....normal.  almost like you have to taste everything you think you will never eat again..just one last time !!!  This is when you start to realize the crazy obsessive disfunctional relationship that we have with food .  

Oddly enough after surgery the food obsession truly lives on ....almost more so...... but in a different way.  What to eat, when, why this not that, how much, I'm going out I need to bring stuff, better weigh that, have I wrote it down, how much protein in that????  and on and on and on.

It's an all day,  everyday deal.  Food will likely always hold a huge place in our lives, we just need to live by the rules and fight to stay on the straight and narrow.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/18/16 11:11 am
RNY on 03/01/16

>  What to eat, when, why this not that, how much, I'm going out I need to bring stuff, better weigh that, have I wrote it down, how much protein in that????  and on and on and on.

I was really worried about this going into the surgery, but I've been doing all that stuff for about 6 years.  Weighing/logging/watching protein.  It all feels very natural now, not so much an obsession or anything difficult.  It's so much easier now that I have to cook less, eat less, record less, prepare less....It's so wonderful.

lauras_turn
on 4/18/16 6:20 am - Canada

Oh my god I thought it was just me! I'd heard that your taste buds change after surgery and many things can no longer be tolerated - not just 'dumping' but just intolerance in general. there was someone on here that had nicknamed her pouch 'Sybil', because she never knew if she could tolerate the exact same food from one day to the next...

I make an excellent chili but wont be able to make it after surgery with beef for at least 6 months out, if ever again. So of course I'm eating that.

Butter tarts. Pierogies with bacon and sour cream. Yasss.

How about dinner at The Keg? I love the Oscar Sirloin with Béarnaise sauce and seafood plus garlic mashed potatoes. That will be my food funeral. Because I'll never be able to eat all of that again. From what I hear not even an 1/8th of it....

gosh we really do obsess about food don't we?

Age: 43 | Height: 5' 0" | Starting 10/8/15: 220 | BMI: 43 Goal: 100-110 

Referral June 2014/Orientation Humber August 2015/transfer to Guelph January 2016/

Orientation Guelph February 2016/Trio #1 March 2016/Trio #2 April 2016/

Post op nutrition class May 2, 2016/Meet the surgeon May 5, 2016/ Dr. Bhojani Surgery May 24, 2016

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/18/16 7:02 am - Canada

Don't despair Laura.  You can be back at the Keg before you know it.  Steak and seafood are still awesome.  I get double vegetable with mine and have just a bite of the hubby's garlic mash or better yet...twice baked !!! OMG

AND...........WAIT FOR IT.................................... here's the best part .........you get to eat the exact same dinner for lunch or dinner the next day because you will likely eat about half.  Its a WIN WIN...LOL

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/18/16 11:08 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I keep bringing home food I don't eat at restaurants and my husband eats it all lol

Most Active
Recent Topics