Time off

EmAlways
on 4/28/16 3:19 pm

Hi all. 

I`ve started the RNY process. I`ve just seen the trio at HRRH, I have my pre-op appointment with Dr. Glazier July 13th. This process has been incredibly slow for me. 

I'm currently attending college and will be through the summer, does anyone know how long will I should be out of school for? on an average? And does anyone know when they are currently booking appointments for at HRRH? 

Thanks for any help!

Catw
on 4/29/16 6:45 am - Arnprior, Canada

It will depend on your schedule, and how much activity you need to do at school (walking to class, and what you do in class, an IT person would be different than a carpenter).  If you have a very busy schedule, and lots of activity it will be harder to return early.  It will also depend on how you feel.  Some here take 2 weeks off work and go back.

When you do decide, make sure that you listen to your body.  If it says it's had enough, it's had enough.  It takes a lot of energy to heal and get used to a new gut.

Cathy

EmAlways
on 4/29/16 7:33 am

Thanks, I`m going through for EMS dispatch. So we just sit in class, no heavy activity. Most strenuous thing is walking from the car to the class :)  

sneezy6145
on 4/30/16 9:50 pm

I asked that same question when I had my trio appointments. Because I drive a school bus and not lifting heavy things, I thought the 2 weeks should be plenty of time. The nurse recommended that if possible, take the 4 weeks, because of the strict diet in those 4 weeks. You have to eat on such a time based schedule that it may be easier if you can take that time. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I can get surgery done this summer and then time off won't matter as much.

Most Active
Recent Topics