breakfast ideas ?

Nikki101
on 5/1/16 6:18 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Mostly i just eat some left overs... wondering what you all do to change it up from time to time or what you like for breakfast.

Thanks!

MonaLisaSmile
on 5/1/16 8:31 pm - Canada

Every single day I have an egg (fried,flipped,scrambled,omlette sometimes with onion or cheese) and usually turkey bacon. Thank God I wasn't one of those people with "egg issues" because I them!!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Nikki101
on 5/2/16 6:19 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I should have put in my that i am one ofbthose people with egg issues. Aside from not liking rhen presurgery i tried tobeatvthem since simply for the portein and i always end up sick after.

Monica9811
on 5/2/16 4:49 am - Peterborough, Canada

Source Greek yogurt with some protein cereal mixed in and a turkey pepperette. 

Nikki101
on 5/2/16 6:21 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Unfortunately for me yogurt isnt agreeing with me lately. A lot of normal breakfast things dont seem to agree with me. But im hoping for simpler things than having to cook a full thing in the morning. (I can very rarely handle microwaved meat)

NorthernStar
on 5/2/16 7:31 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I have been making mini omelettes lately in a muffin tin. They are awesome, you can put anything you like in them. A batch makes 12, and I have 2 for breakfast each day after heating them up in the microwave. I love not having to prep breakfast every day.

I have used different recipes from Skinnytaste, but usually do either a "loaded" one (with a bit of crumbled bacon, peppers and low fat cheddar) or a western one (with a bit of lean ham, swiss and different veg). They reheat great.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Nikki101
on 5/2/16 7:37 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Ive thought of that. The problem for me is that im one of those people with egg isses. And i wouldnt wnt to waste all those eggs and ingredients.

NorthernStar
on 5/2/16 7:42 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Egg issues are common. I don't think I ate eggs regularly until about 2 years out.

Since eggs/yogurt aren't agreeing, what else do you like to eat? No need to limit yourself to traditional breakfast items. If there's something you enjoy for lunch/dinner, go ahead and eat it in the morning. Tastes the same :)

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Nikki101
on 5/2/16 8:43 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

A huge issue for me is i cnt handle any meat mmicrowved(just cant stand the way the taste changes) so i always have to cook it fresh  so rehewting leftovers isnt something i love to do. Lol.

Im also finding im bored of many things.

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/16 10:29 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I don't like reheated meat either done in the microwave, instead I put the meat in a non-stick frying pan and put a bit of broth or water and put the lid on it and steam it, taste as good as freshly cooked the night before and might take 2 extra minutes to reheat vs the microwave and the taste is so much better to me plus the texture is the same. I usually prefer leftover meat cold for breakfast for some reason.  Grab a chunk of chicken out of the fridge and I'm good to go.

Most Active
Recent Topics