SW and NUT

breuxo
on 5/17/16 4:21 pm

I'm going through Windsor I meet with SW for second time and NUT first time July 11th. curious as to what happens at these appointments, does everyone see the NUT more than once? been working at my homework but want to be prepared lol. I like to be very prepared... I don't know why but I'd rather be over prepared then some of the people I see going to the clinic forgetting their homework lol

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/17/16 9:01 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

In NJ, the NUIT goes over the post-surg diet instructions and gives you a packet that sets everything out day by day at first and then week by week.  I am pretty smart cookie, but it took awhile till I got it all down.  My packet listed all the things to buy before surgery: laxatives, liq tylenol, stuff that I would never have though about but was nice to already have at home in case I needed it.

After surgery, the NUIT leads the Monthly Support Group Meetings.

Sharon

Ginnny
on 5/18/16 3:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Have you been told to keep a food journal for a week before your appt? She will go over that and make sure you have a handle on your meal planning. Balance between the food groups etc. She'll also go over portion sizes with you. Label reading etc. That's about it as far as I can remember. 

breuxo
on 5/18/16 3:55 am

yes I had the NUT class where she gave us the papers for the 6 day and about the food guide. she said she would be asking us questions from the slides? I'm hoping to ace the appointment and only have to see her once lol

Ginnny
on 5/18/16 3:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Yes questions so they know you understand the size of your new pouch. And how much food you should be eating. What foods you should avoid etc. I was cleared after only 1 visit with her. 

breuxo
on 5/18/16 4:01 am

really???? she made it seem like it was so rare at the class she said a small amount of people pass first go! I've been reading over the slides every night so by July I should know everything and be able to answer the questions I hope lol

Ginnny
on 5/18/16 4:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Yes, just the one appointment. 

Most Active
Recent Topics