PreOP eating/meal plan.

breuxo
on 6/2/16 11:19 am

I'm preop and I know we're suppose to follow the Canada food guide. could you give me an example of a day? breakfast snack lunch snack dinner? I really struggle with knowing what to eat. I have 5 weeks until I see the NUT and I want to make sure I'm doing what they ask. thank you so much. 

Ginnny
on 6/2/16 12:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Didn't Windsor give you a copy of the food guide? It shows you what is in each food group and the size of a serving.

I know they want you to have at least 3 food groups in your meals and for snack they want you to have a protein and a carb.  So crackers/cheese, celery/peanut butter, yogurt/fruit.

I think I might have some of the information at home, likely even my weekly plan that she critiqued to make it more balanced.  I will look tonight and message you for your email address so I can send it to you.

K.

breuxo
on 6/2/16 12:41 pm

oh they did but I just wanted some new ideas lol

Catw
on 6/2/16 12:45 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I won't be able to give you a menu for this point, but the best tip I can give is to start journaling, food, activity and emotions.  Write down everything for a week as you are eating now.  Then take a look at it, see areas where you can improve.  Pick one small thing.  Such as water.  If you don't get enough in, then work on getting your 8 glasses per day (more if you are in the heat).  Or do you drink pop?  Work on cutting it out.  This doesn't have to be done all at once, work your way towards it.  For example.  If you see you only drink 2 glasses of water a day, try for at least 3, once that's easy, try for at least 4 and so on.  For pop, work your way down.  Sometimes doing it all at once is too hard and we give up.  Taking little steps helps us maintain the change long term.

As for the way you eat, make sure it's protein first, veggies, then carbs.

If you are looking at some bariatric friendly meals, check out the Ontario Recipies thread. http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/

Or look up eggface.  She has some great ideas too.

Enjoy your journey!

Cathy

breuxo
on 6/2/16 12:47 pm

yes thank you I've done and have been doing that just want some new ideas sick of same things lol

Catw
on 6/2/16 12:50 pm - Arnprior, Canada

The two sites should give you some new recipe ideas.  The Ontario Recipes Forum breaks things down by topic, including breakfast.  It's a good site to look at.  Muffin Tin meals are good to do too.  You can make them ahead and freeze them so you can do several recipes to have on hand.

Most Active
Recent Topics