What are you eating/doing (Saturday)

Patm
on 7/16/16 5:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I made it. I am officially old! Today I turn 65. Let the discounts begin LOL

Busy day today. Lots of errands. Out to dinner tonight to the Keg. Have not been since before surgery. I know I will over eat so am eating light during the day.

Over did things yesterday and am a little sore. Having trouble geting going

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l tuna, mayo, celery

d steak?

s glass of wine

Ginnny
on 7/16/16 6:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Happy Birthday Pat!! 

I must've been typing the same time as you! Sorry for the duplicate thread!  

Enjoy your day and your dinner! 

Patm
on 7/16/16 6:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks,

No problem about the thread. I thought you were camping or I would have waited

crqvingchange
on 7/16/16 12:16 pm

Wow Ginny that is horrible about your girlfriends trailer.  I see you're camping in my neck of the woods.  What are Farmboy cheddar bacon sliders?  Not that I can eat them right now, but I hope to be able to soon.  Have fun camping.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 7/16/16 12:37 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

They're just mini hamburgers! Perfect size for us post-ops! 

birdiegirl
on 7/16/16 6:49 am

Very Happy Birthday Pat!

You have done so well.  It's tough to lose and maintain it at any age, but so much more difficult as you age.  You are a wonderful example to all of perseverance and determination. 

How's the pain?  I spoke with Tracey so know the prescription you received.  Hope it works for you.  I am still struggling with the whole situation butt plan on discussing your option with the pain clinic.

Enjoy the keg.  I was there last week and had the lobster tail.  Huge and delish.  Ate the whole thing with a nice glass of red and some veg and the calories still quite low.

Patm
on 7/17/16 6:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thank for the birthday wishes. Pick up my new drug on Monday from Purolator. Just want a good nights sleep right now. Kind of disappointed in the keg. Good food but felt rushed through. Went to the mansion downtown. Barely order and salad and brad there. Barely finished that and entree there. Dropped off the complimentary desert no . asking if we want coffee just the bill presnted.

Tracy seems to have found a solution. Can't believe how little they have helped her.

birdiegirl
on 7/17/16 6:35 pm

That's too  bad you were rushed.  If we think they might bring things out too fast, we tell the wait staff not to rush us.  I hope the food was good.

I would be interested in hearing how your new med works.  I need to get off what I am  taking.  I need to take them with food which of course makes things difficult. 

Had a terrible reaction to a bone drug I started 6 weeks ago. Knocked me for a loop with pain for two weeks.  Going to try a different drug for bones but I want to ensure the old one is out of my system.  It was scary.

Appreciate if you let me know how your new solution works.

I hope to get back to posting in a week or two.  Just very tired right now and still recovering. 

Take care Pat

crqvingchange
on 7/16/16 8:36 am

Happy Birthday Pat.  I hope you have a wonderful dinner at the Keg.  No sin in taking home leftovers, think steak and eggs for breakfast.  Also that Lobster menu is on now at the Keg with Lobster appetizers as well.  Can you tell I like lobster?  You should have been taking advantage of senior discounts since you were 55.  Shoppers Drug Mart, local community recreation centres, Value Village are all 55 I think.

Went out to the Uptown Jazz festival last night.  Wonderful music under the stars.  It was a little chilly, but I brought a jacket and picked up a coffee to keep me warm.  Nice thing was that there was a slight breeze so no mosquitoes.

Slept in this morning, which hardly ever happens, so I feel refreshed.  Today I might go back to the Jazz festival or DH might want to go to Ribfest.  Either way I'll get to listen to more live entertainment.

Have a great day everyone, and Pat have a wonderful birthday.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 7/16/16 10:47 am - Peterborough, Canada

Happy Birthday Pat!!!  Enjoy the Keg!   I usually split the NY strip classic keg dinner with my DH. It's yummy. 

Most Active
Recent Topics