1 year today !!!!

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/17/16 6:12 am - Canada

What a year of change, enlightenment and joy.  It has went by soo quickly I can't believe it.  Here are my RNY highlights:

260- 142 (down 118lbs)                      size 20 - size 6 (sml/xsml)

Hit goal of 150 in 7mths                      met clinics 1yr expectation by 3mth

Found my confidence and smile again, love to be out in public, go shopping have pictures taken, travel, share my story with strangers, active member in support and exercise groups, no knee or back pain, mind is clear, no anxiety problems.......the list goes on and on.

I am a better/ stronger /happier person........the world is a place I no longer fear and avoid but face head on with confidence.  I love the new me.....and remind myself every day that to keep her I have to be diligent in my daily choices.

After about mth 10, I haven't really been losing.  Just going up and down within a 3lb range.  Life gets hard when the weight stops falling off and you face maintaining.  Id stil like to lose a few more.  I'm a little scared but determined to keep this off for the long haul.

Thanks OH family for being there.  I have been combing this site multiple times a day for nearly 3 yrs. Back when surgery and having the life I have right now was just a dream.  Thanks everyone!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

new_me180
on 7/17/16 8:06 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Well done. Glad you found your smile again.

skinny_gigi
on 7/17/16 2:56 pm

well glad you are feeling wonderful!  keep it up!

crqvingchange
on 7/18/16 9:19 am

Well done.  What an amazing transformation.  I sent you a PM yesterday.  Let's hope there are many more happy, healthy years for us both.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/18/16 1:48 pm - Canada

Amen to that !!!!!!!

Thanks Crqvingchange!!!  Funny enough..... along with sharing the date, we are both sharing he same new addictions with the shopping and the coffee (but thank god I avoided that pesky exercise one that got you though!!..... lol)

May we be as happy (or more so) next year as we are today !!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

B-Trix123
on 7/21/16 11:19 am - Toronto, Canada

Woo hoo! I am about 3 weeks behind you and enjoying a much different cottage life this summer. Now when I get teenagers to do things for me it's not because I can't do it --- just rather someone else do it! That said -- I do have a long to do list and must get back to it for now. Wishing you continued success. See where we are by Christmas!

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/21/16 3:34 pm - Canada

Thanks B-Trix123......I'll look forward to a post from you in couple weeks for your celebration!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics