Fed up Humber

marielewis
on 7/22/16 11:10 am

I had my surgery at Humber April 13.  dr Klein was great no complaints.  But the clinic sucks about returning calls.    I'm so frustrated.   I had my blood work done last week and they told me it will take a month for results. What the heck. I am so tired I can't move and they won't return phone calls.    Not cool at all. Just want to now why I'm so tired.    Ugh.   

crqvingchange
on 7/22/16 1:05 pm

If you had your blood work done at LifeLabs, you can get your results online.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

marielewis
on 7/22/16 5:43 pm

It was done at Humbers lab 

riridigi
on 7/22/16 7:26 pm
RNY on 06/20/16

Would ur family doctor have got a copy? Could u ask them? 

HKT53
on 7/23/16 8:08 am - Toronto, Canada

I know exactly what you mean....so frustrating. I never get call backs either, but having said that, I had my 1 year blood work done on July 4th and the NUT called to tell me results yesterday. Yes Im at Humber.

Unless you specifically asked for results to be sent to your family doc, I know mine did not go until I complained at my 6 mo blood work. Just saying. So, do you have a food journal? Quickly add up the calories you have been intaking and if there is any carbs there at all. When are you the most tired in the day? I was for the longest time, near exhaustion around 3:00 in the afternoon. So I made a habit of having my snack at 2:00 or 2:30 and in the snack I would have two or three crackers. I started to record my glucose levels. Normal in the morning, low in the late afternoon and back to normal after supper. Are you taking iron (never with milk products), D drops, B12 and try a prenatal multi vitamin (has more iron). 

I know how frustrating it is but you need to take care of yourself so you can get through a "normal" day. Dont be like me and let those carbs creep up in quantity, it does not take much to keep you going through the day.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

IamBettyCooper
on 7/23/16 8:40 am

Make an appt with your family doc and see if she'll repeat the bloodwork?  Then you could have it done at Life Labs (love them too ... you can see it all online and they take appts).

Frustrating as it should not take that long for regular blood work, unless they ordered some kind of special test?

I will say the after care at TWH is pretty good and they've called me twice since my surgery 2 weeks ago just to make sure everything was going ok, which I thought was quite proactive. And after my pre-op, they mailed me all my appointments for the next year.  Very organized.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Most Active
Recent Topics