been away.. sadly gaining weight after 5.5 years

Monica M.
on 9/7/16 12:02 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

I had surgery March 2011. I'm currently about 217. My lowest weight was 171, I was a size 12 (for a very short time). I know what the problem is, snacking, but my head will not get in the game.

crqvingchange
on 9/7/16 1:33 pm

Sounds like you have identified what the problem is.  Why not join the What are you eating/doing thread daily to get your head back in the game, plan meals and snacks, be accountable.  Welcome back.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica M.
on 9/7/16 2:34 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thank you.  I'll try that

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/7/16 3:08 pm - Canada

It's never too late to make change.  You can get back on track. 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Monica M.
on 9/9/16 8:00 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

MonaLisa, that's my nickname (just about everywhere)

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/9/16 2:42 pm - Canada

Is it because of your beautiful smile ??

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Monica9811
on 9/7/16 6:44 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Mon we are soul mates by name!  You know you can do this. Back to basics. Protein. Protein protein.  I know I'm only 3.5 years out and I've maintained 165 give or take 2 lbs up or down. Lately it's been down. I'm on this website two or three times a day. I don't want to go back. Plan measure and eat protein foods. My idea of a snack when I need one is a piece of Melba with cream cheese it's boring so don't want more. But saying  that if I'm at a party or something I will have snacks or a treat but is not common occurrence I find that I'm fine with eating my three meals a day and pretty much one snack before dinner because I get hungry when I get home from work. Don't buy the crap either. Out of sight out of mind. If I buy junk when company comes I send it home with them or throw it out. You can do this. If you want to chat Facebook me and we can hook up. I know you want to get back on track. Do it now!  Xoxo. 

Monica M.
on 9/8/16 7:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Hey!!! another Monica! how do I find you on FB? my full name is monica murphy. I think I have my profile set pretty publicly, so I'm pretty easy to find.

I do really have to go back to basics. I'm going camping for a couple of weeks, so will concentrate on paper journaling, and will do my best then, but I know I will really have to buckle down once I get back.

Mon

Catw
on 9/8/16 5:47 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Monica, long time no see.  Been wondering how you are doing.

I know it's hard getting back to what we need to do, we know what that is, just not easy getting there.

We all know the drill, back to journaling, picking one small thing to change and start there.  Actually, you took the first step coming back, and the second admitting what was wrong.

Maybe after journaling everything (food, activity, emotions, etc) you'll see why you are snacking.  It's the ink on the paper that tells us what's up.

Sending hugs and support your way!

Cathy

Monica M.
on 9/8/16 7:04 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Everything else is wonderful. Just the food. I'm walking like a fiend!! (at least 14 - 16000 steps a day), and running at least once a week.

I'm going camping for a couple of weeks, so, no technology. I'm going to try working a paper journal for that time.

It's just so frustrating. I was at the chiropractor this morning, and saw a full length image of myself and didn't like what I saw. I can do this, I know I can, but its just day to day bulls**t that gets in my head and effs me up.

Most Active
Recent Topics