done loosing weight at 5 months out?

breuxo
on 2/21/17 4:52 am

i'm 5 months out tomorrow i've been in a stall for a very very long time probably 6 weeks if i really think about it... has anyone ever heard of anyone being done loosing weight this soon out? i thought most loose for a year but now i'm wondering if i'm done? i wouldn't be too upset but would love to loose this last 30 pounds 

referred mid Jan, info session feb 29th, nurse April 25th, nut class may 3rd, Doctor may 10th, social worker may 12th, dietician & sw July 11th, Doctor July 19, surgical education class August 22, meet the surgeon August 31, surgery September 22/16

Ginnny
on 2/21/17 6:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi,  I had a stall at month 6....didn't lose a pound for the whole month.  Then started again....slowly.  Right now playing the yo-yo game, a lb up a lb done  ....it's frustrating.

Try shaking up your menu!  Maybe some different foods, have high calorie days, and then maybe some lower ones! Add  more water, jack up the protein numbers. 

I originally set my goal at 160 but realistically looking at me know I don't think I will get there, nor would I look very good.  Windsor told me that I shouldn't go below 180, so yeah I want to lose these last 10 lbs, but they are being very stubborn.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Patm
on 2/21/17 6:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Print what you are eating and perhaps people can help you with some alternative choices.

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/21/17 2:45 pm - Canada

I lost the majority of my weight in the first 5-6 months.  The rest of it was slower going, and obviously the lower you get the harder it becomes.  Most people claim to still have their optimal "losing powers" for 12-18mths......so you still have tons of time.  You may want someone else to take a look at your menu and can maybe suggest some ways to get the ball rolling again.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

breuxo
on 2/21/17 2:49 pm

thanks i agree i only have 30 left to loose which is why it's so slow. frustrating but the scale isn't going up so that's good. i guess i'm freaking out so much lately because my doctor in windsor was not nice to me when i saw him on tuesday. i had only lost 14 pounds since seeing him 9 weeks earlier and he just looked at me and very rude said "why did you even have surgery a normal person can loose that much weight in that length of time" it really struck a nerve with me and now i feel as if i'm doing something wrong. but i figured since i have a little to go it would take awhile it's not going to happen over night. i don't know his comment bugged me 

referred mid Jan, info session feb 29th, nurse April 25th, nut class may 3rd, Doctor may 10th, social worker may 12th, dietician & sw July 11th, Doctor July 19, surgical education class August 22, meet the surgeon August 31, surgery September 22/16

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/21/17 5:36 pm, edited 2/21/17 9:37 am - Canada

Ouch !!!!   That kind of comment would bug me too !! Not helpful at all!!

Don't let a thoughtless comment get you down

Changing up your diet will likely be the key to breaking through to the next level.  You need to shake things up a little.  In this losing phase be sure to keep the carbs low as possible 50g max.  Avoid fruit any breads, wraps crackers and drink lots, keep eating protein first and keep the protein grams high.

If you are not logging your intake, do that ...and track your calories and watch that your portions haven't increased.  In corporate some exercise or if you are exercising...change it up to something totally new.

This is your PRIME TIME, and trust me ...time flies...you don't want to waste a minute of it....... it just gets harder the further out you become  !!!!!!  

Give it all you've got 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Laura in Texas
on 2/21/17 6:28 pm

Why don't you want to share what/how much you are eating?

It could be a stall or you could be eating the number of calories your body needs to maintain your current weight.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

breuxo
on 2/21/17 6:34 pm

i saw my dietician last week she went over what i was eating with me i eat 1000 cals a day and the only thing she told me to change was no protein shakes to eat actual protein.  it's not that i don't want to share it's that none on here is a dietician 

Manda32
on 2/22/17 1:13 pm

Wow, I know who your doctor is, because of the day of the week you saw him (my doctor too), I can't believe he would say that!! He's been so nice to me. He should have never said that in my opinion, that's not very helpful, and its hurtful! Try and forget about what he said. You know what you are doing, and if you follow the dietitian's suggestion, then that's who I'd be listening too.

My only thought/question is that my understanding is that you are to be on a 800 calorie diet until you are done losing. Perhaps I am wrong, but that is my understanding.

Hope your scale will start to be kind to you. Good luck.

breuxo
on 2/26/17 5:33 pm

i had asked the dietician she told me to eat 1000 while loosing and 1200 to maintain. however good news :) the scale finally moved!!! i'm now 192. i know my body will probably stall again soon lol but at least it finally moved!!!! and yes a lot of people do not like my doctor. i've heard many many stories 

Most Active
Recent Topics