Long Time Battle of the Bulge

Camperguy
on 3/5/17 9:47 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Hey everyone I'm new to the site but not new to the problems. I'm 58 years old and been overweight forever. I it 394 last year and have had enough. I looked into Bariatric surgery in 2013 at the request of my Doctor. I've battled weight my whole life. At 22 I hit 240 and went on a yearlong diet bet with a friend who weight 242. Our goal was 180 which I hit just before Xmas. I won $100 paid in pennies. By 1997 I hit 268 pounds and visited China. They thought I was a giant boy if they could see me now. By 2009 I had climbed to 377 and went on a major campaign to lose 80 pounds just under 300 pounds when I went to Vegas in 2010. A few yoyo diets and I hit 394. Wow, but this is it I'm changing this time I went to orientation again in Dec. 2016 and when I went to see the Nurse Dietician and Social Worker I've totally bought in and have lost over 25 pounds on just over a month. I go again tomorrow and not afraid to jump on scales. I like this site and have read a lot of inspiring stuff. Anyway I'll try and keep you posted with updates as they happen.

roxytrim
on 3/5/17 2:22 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Sounds like you are ready now. We all get there, some just take the scenic route.

Enjoy your journey - the men's forum is a really fun place. I have to admit I lurk there

Wayne H.
on 3/5/17 3:13 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Welcome to the Site CamperGuy. My wife and I love camping :-) It's one of the many reasons why I decided to get the RNY done. Sitting alone on the campsite while my family enjoyed the Kayaking, Swimming, trails etc no longer appeals to me. Like you I was at 404lbs when I made the decision to change. At last weigh in (3 days ago) I was at 338 Lbs. I lost 28 Lbs just on Opti (3 Weeks) post surgery and the rest was from diet changes like you mentioned.

I am nearly 4 weeks post op now. Clothes are almost flying from my wardrobe to the donation pile almost daily now as I shrink away. I need to get back on a scale, likely this Wed when I return to work. I am hoping to see some further loss but if not, no worries...it's not a race to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics