Surgery in Windsor?

SallyG49
on 5/26/17 12:50 pm

I have an orientation appointment for Hotel Dieu-Grace in Windsor and I noticed no one seems to talk about that hospital on this forum.

Does anyone know if they do surgeries at the hospital or just the orientation and follow-up? Are they new to this surgery?

I went to an orientation in Toronto many years ago and changed my mind (thought I could lose the weight on my own). This time I'm ready to get it done.

Thanks

Ginnny
on 5/26/17 5:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

They don't do surgery in Windsor. That's just where your appts are at. You have to go to Toronto or Guelph for surgery.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/26/17 7:52 pm

No they don't do the surgeries there just all the doctors, social workers, dietician appointments and orientation! I went through Windsor and had my surgery in Guelph! Best decision I ever made, the only regret was not doing it 20 years ago!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

Manda32
on 5/28/17 1:21 am

Like the other two who posted, everything but the surgery is done through Windsor. The choice of hospitals are Guelph, and two Toronto hospitals. I'm not sure how long Windsor has been around, but I think its been quite awhile, definitely not new.

Depending if you meet the surgeon through the telehealth at Windsor, you'll only be at the surgical site 3 to 4 times (baring any complications). I met the surgeon in Guelph, had my pre admin a few weeks before surgery, the surgery itself, and six weeks post op visit with the surgeon. Everything else is done at Windsor. Not sure if you can do the six weeks post op visit through telehealth or not...but that should give you an idea of what to expect. Outside of that, all your pre-op, and follow up are done through Windsor.

In comparison for people who go through toronto sites/hospitals and surrounding area, which does get talked alot about (that's where the population is), there are still plenty of us that go through the Windsor site. Also, us Windsor site patients end up in Toronto or Guelph hospitals so that gets talked about a lot, so the WIndsor site might not come up as often, but we do exist lol

If you have any questions, especially Windsor site specific, just ask, there are enough of us to repsond.

Good luck to you, as you start this journey.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/28/17 2:53 pm - Windsor, Canada

Waves from Windsor.

As the others have said windsoe doesn't do the surgery - just pre and post after care. They've been a centre since 2009.

If you have any big problems you'll go back to your surgical center.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics