Full liquid diet

NikkiIbby
on 6/6/17 3:16 pm

Hi all!

So I have one week left of the full liquid diet and I am doing alright with it sometimes feel full and sometimes feel not full. I had tomato soup which did not agree with me and was very nauseous and could not eat half the day! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could have to up my protein? I have shakes but was told to add in other stuff by the discharge nurse!

Mahalo F.
on 6/6/17 4:58 pm

Hello!

Congratulations!

I would stay away from the tomatoe soups. Very acidic and hard on your pouch.

It is very early. I focused on Costco Premiere shakes. I ate baby Milupa Oatmeal cereal very liquidy, Greek yogurt....

At this stage getting all your water & liquid protein is important.... Integrating more protein will come with time as you progress through the stages...

Hope this helps!

Good luck

Sandra

Mahalo.

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

NikkiIbby
on 6/6/17 5:10 pm

Thank you that is very helpful!! I am drinking the Costco shakes and having cream of wheat with protein powder and Greek yogurt..on the list it says apple sauce and cottage cheese..did u do these?

LauraLeafFan
on 6/6/17 5:32 pm

Hello,

I enjoyed yogurt....cream soups strained.... broccoli...cream of chicken... I was also okay with cream of mushroom...again all strained. I ate oatmeal instead of cream of wheat and enjoyed it more. I added unflavored protein to anything I could. Apple sauce was also okay but I rather have jello.

Good luck!!

NikkiIbby
on 6/6/17 5:38 pm

Thank u so much that is very helpful!! I was ok with cream of broccoli today had a 1/4 cup and was not full cause I didn't add protein powder in it!! Lol

thank you again!

LauraLeafFan
on 6/6/17 5:40 pm

I make mine with milk always....And you may be able to tolerate a half of cup.

NikkiIbby
on 6/6/17 5:45 pm

Ya I do as well! Here I thought I was always hungry and must of stretched my pouch but really I wasn't eating enough protein to even fill me..I felt nauseous and dizzy cause I was hungry just had cream of wheat with protein and feel much better!!! Thank u for all ur help!

TheRealMeWithin
on 6/6/17 7:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

i add protein powder to my applesauce

thanks for mentioning cream of broccoli, I had forgotten about that soup and I love it, so I will be getting some soon.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

NikkiIbby
on 6/7/17 4:31 am

Oh I love it too!! I found one at metro it is the selection brand..actually think they r on sale still for 99 cents lol and u don't have to strain it! :)

Patm
on 6/7/17 7:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Be careful with oatmeal. Unless really liquid it can cause issues. Personally I stayed away from carbs like this.

Most Active
Recent Topics