TMI Question

brynnd
on 7/2/17 6:58 am

I'm about five weeks post-op and started soft foods exactly a week ago. Everything was fine and dandy for the first three days but then on Thursday I woke up with a pain in my lower tummy telling me it was time to go to the washroom. Ever since, I have had these BM pains and diarrhea. It is never right after I eat or even within two hours of eating or I would think it was dumping. It's always in the morning, right when waking up, or random times in the evening. It's painful and it only seems to be getting worse.

had anyone experienced this? Is it just my body getting used to food again? So weird and uncomfortable.

Kathy1212
on 7/2/17 10:51 am

I had pain about 4-6 hours after eating once I started soft foods, but no diarrhoea. My surgeon said I had inflammation in my stomach and made me start back on full liquids for 2 weeks, then 2 more weeks of puree, so basically I had to start over again. It really helped.

I know it's the weekend so you can't call anyone today, but try going back to liquids for the day to see if it helps, and call your centre tomorrow.

Your body might just not be ready for soft foods yet, or it could be the foods you chose aren't agreeing with you. Make sure to eat really slowly, keep your foods moist, and chew like crazy.

Good luck.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics