TWH timeline question

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/17 5:48 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Hi everyone,

I had my orientation on June 7 the and have my first appointment via telehealth on September 13th then the 28th and the nutrition class on October 17th. Has anyone else used telehealth? Just wondering what the process is like.

After the 3 initial appointments how do I know when my next one is? Do they call me or let me know at the last appointment? I'm worrying early I know but I just want to hurry things along!!

I also worry that I'm going to do everything they ask of me only for them to not qualify me for surgery. I think that's my biggest fear.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's journey and can't wait for it to be my turn.

Thanks

TheRealMeWithin
on 8/4/17 7:08 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

try not to worry too much. They want to approve you, just do what they ask and you will do fine.

I think at your 3rd appt you get the next 3. Telehealth may make things a bit harder. Whenever I was at TWH in person, I would ask Andrew (works the reception desk) if there were any earlier appointments available. He is SUPER helpful.

Good luck to you, the entire team at TWH is awesome and they will make your journey there smooth.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

oneatatime
on 8/5/17 7:06 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I think it's very common to worry they won't approve you for surgery. I know I was worried! I meet the surgeon on Friday and still have some fears!! Like the poster above me said, just do what they say and it should be fine.

You also mentioned you want to hurry things along. If you mean that literally, you can always call TWH and ask if there are any cancellations for the appointments you're waiting on. If so, they'll slot you in and it could move you up a few months. They're really good about that. If you call and there's nothing, call back a few days later or the next week. Things change quickly! Remember to remind them it's a telehealth appointment.

All the best on your journey!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Kathy1212
on 8/5/17 7:31 am

Hi Karen, welcome! Congrats on starting this journey!

Telehealth is like Skype. I went through Sudbury and had the option to do some of my post op visits via telehealth. For the nutritionist, I can do it from home, but to talk to the nurse they made me go to the doctor's office and have the appointment with a nurse who supervised the visit, weighed me, set up the TV, etc. It was super easy, and nice to not have to drive.

I was worried I wouldn't qualify for surgery too. Then I was worried I would qualify and would chicken out. Then when I started to really wanted the surgery I was worried I'd somehow mess up. I worried right up to the date of surgery, lol. I think it's common.

Good luck!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

oneatatime
on 8/5/17 9:43 am
RNY on 09/01/17

And look at you now!!! :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/17 3:36 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

Thanks for everyone's replies. I suppose it makes sense to worry doesn't it? It just seems like everyday I add something new to the list that I can't wait to do once I'm free from some of this weight. Ziplining with my kids, doing the IFly thing...so I'm excited, nervous, etc...

I considered calling for cancellations but will wait until my first appointment has happened. Hopefully I can get some that fall on my day off which would mean I could travel to Toronto and wouldn't necessarily need to have a telehealth appointment. I work in long term care so will likely need to be off work at least 8 weeks after the surgery so I don't want to use up any sick days for appointments.

Thank you all for your support.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics