What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 5/25/18 6:00 am

Good morning lovely Menu Peeps. It looks like another wonderful day out there. Today I'm finished up my to do list before I go away this weekend. Tonight DH and I will go on date night. We will go out for dinner and listen to live music.

Accountability: On plan.

Question of the Day: Now that we are all on the road to better health, what changes have you made that surprised you by being easier than you thought it would be. Giving up pop,for me wasn't that difficult. Also, I never thought that I would love exercise as much as I do. It didn't happen overnight. At first I watched the clock and thought I will never make it through this fitness class. After a couple of months I was no longer gasping, but was talking at the end of the class and feeling that I had energy to spare.

The eats today at 3 years 10 months post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein used as creamer and sweetener

L. Scrambled egg with 1/2 jalapeno/cheddar sausage

S. Cucumber crackers with spicy hummus

D. Probably brisket with a little gravy and a side salad

S. Cucumber crackers with spicy hummus

No totals because I'm not sure about dinner.

Have a great day everyone and see you Tuesday.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/25/18 6:59 am - Canada

Good morning :)

A little late getting going today. I woke up at 5:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. By 7 I couldn't keep my eyes open so I crawled back into bed. I'm planning to meet DH for a lunch date today. We've been kind of trying to fit it in weekly since we will probably take a little break once the little nugget arrives. Then just a few groceries for the weekend. I've been buying more fresh produce which is nice, but I go more often so it doesn't go bad. I can't stand wasting food.

QOTD: I think the no straws or chewing gum have been easier than I expected. Pop is still my nemesis -- especially watching people around me drinking it. Thankfully DH doesn't drink pop or I might go crazy. I didn't drink alcohol or coffee/tea much before surgery so I've just cut it all out completely. I do miss the pain relief of ibuprofen sometimes but I am extremely careful when taking any new meds to make sure they are okay post-op. I have a chronic back issue that I used to manage with naproxen -- Tylenol does nothing... So I've been proactive with massage and physio. I do still get flare ups but my recovery is much easier with the weight off.

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - thin bun with PB and SF jam

Lunch - tbd lunch date

Snack - egg, pickles

Dinner - leftover homemade pizza -- DH makes it with 50% cheese, 50% other toppings, and 5% multigrain crust ;) is there a crust under there???

Snack - Greek yogurt

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/25/18 7:34 am

Meg I am with you on the strong pain meds. I miss them sooooo much. Like you, Tylenol (even Tylenol Arthritis) does nothing. If it gets really bad, I have a stash of the good stuff that isn't NSAID. I try not to use them unless absolutely necessary (I only take them before bed, or I couldn't function during the day).

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/25/18 8:51 am - Canada

I haven't tried anything stronger than maybe a Tylenol 1... But it really seems to be the swelling more than the pain because it presses on the nerve. My family doc is nice so I'm sure if it got bad he could try something more, but I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that I just behave myself lol.

crqvingchange
on 5/25/18 11:45 am

Right now, I wouldn't take anything stronger because of Baby Thor (little nugget). I've got Oxy left over from my fall, but I only take it if the pain won't let me walk.

Behave yourself? Not possible, lol.

Meggles07
on 5/25/18 11:47 am - Canada

No, I'm not going to take anything right now :)

And I was thinking the same thing as I wrote that I had to behave myself lol.

Monica9811
on 5/25/18 12:42 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I know they say no Advil but I was told you can have 4 a month if you take with food. I've never had an issue thankfully when I do need it. Tylenol really sucks. I gave up Diet Coke no problem even though that was my day drink as I don't drink tea or coffee. I flavour my water with purple "koolaid" it's like mio.

T-MAC
on 5/25/18 7:53 am - Niagara Falls, on

So far

B 30g Protein shake

S. Cheesestring

__

crqvingchange
on 5/25/18 8:09 am

Hey T-MAC, good to see you posting. Congratulations on being in Twoterville ( I saw your other post). That is amazing.

Most Active
Recent Topics