Yep - I am still alive and Living life large

Wayne H.
on 9/20/18 6:49 pm, edited 9/20/18 6:54 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Just a check-in... Been a while so thought I should hello. Hi GANG!!!!

Since my last posting, I have had successful surgery a while back to remove the infected areas of skin in my groin where hidradenitis Suppurativa had taken hold. Because of that, today is my first day without having to take Humira. YAAAAA. It comes with some severe risks so I am happy to be off it. I am to wait 2 months and if everything stays stable...I won't need to go back on it.

News Flash: I am now a Biker :-)

Yep... I purchased a 2008 Vulcan 900 LT Classic Motorcycle to fulfill a long time wish/desire I had to ride which goes back to the 80's.

I love it although it does cut into my Kayaking and Walking/Gym time a tad. Will be getting back into the gym again soon since the colder weather has arrived.

My Weight... . Basically stabilized between 248 and 255. I go higher at times but I always return to this range. That's ok...I have not made goal YET, but I could care less. I am a new MAN!!! I am off all meds except for one tiny pill for Cholesterol which I will likely be taken off if my blood tests remain good.

Actually once I get back into the gym I think I can lose that 20Lbs I need to reach goal but I'm not losing sleep over it.

My love life is marvelous, My friends love hanging around me again, I am meeting new friends all the time because of the "Confidence" I have seemly regained without consciously knowing about it.. LOL

My Ottawa WLS Meet and Greets continue despite lack of new attendees. Wish the heck some of you would come out and enjoy a decaf and a laugh with us. We're more than just WLS Patients looking to meet people who also have had the surgery now...we're becoming friends... Friends that can relate to this amazing journey we are on. I find that very helpful and hell, they're a great bunch of Ladies.....all to myself :-) LOL

Anyway, That's it for now.

oh. here is a photo of me ( on the right) that my buddy on the left just sent me. It's from the summer (2016) before my surgery. compare that to my profile pic.

oneatatime
on 9/21/18 5:55 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Yay Wayne! I love how large you live life. This has been an incredible journey for you... tons of ups, a few downs, but you have persevered SO well and are really taking life by the horns. Great! Where's a pic of you on your bike btw?! That's so awesome too! Good for you. Really!! Good for you!!!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Tuktu
on 9/21/18 1:38 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Wayne, I'm so proud of you and I feel blessed to call you my friend! You are such a great guy and deserve all the happiness and attention you are receiving. The best part of our group is that we are all good friends and its fantastic to share the journey. Big hugs - you look so amazing now!! Look forward to our next get together

Wayne H.
on 10/9/18 9:43 am
RNY on 02/08/17

You made me blush. LOL

I Love all my RNY Buddies!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics