What are you eating/doing this Friday?

crqvingchange
on 9/28/18 7:08 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Welcome to your weekend. Today I am going to the gym, and tonight we have date night. We will go out for dinner and listen to live music. Hopefully this weekend we can get out and enjoy some drives with the top down and see some fall colour.

Accountability: Added in a snack in the afternoon.

Question of the Day: Do you decorate your house for fall or Halloween. I usually buy some potted mums and carve a pumpkin. This year I think I will buy one of those pure white pumpkins and make it into a white kitten with blue eyes. Sometimes you need a cute kitten.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with SF Pumpkin Caramel sweetener

L. Egg roll bowl, cabbage, shrimp, stir fried with sesame oil and soy sauce.

D. Beef brisket with a side salad

Have a great weekend everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 9/28/18 8:31 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We cancelled our lunch date in favour of staying home and possibly trying to have a nap. Walmart has a deal until September 30th to get 30 free photos printed. I'm just waiting for an email to let me know when I can pick them up. They will be going in little miss nuggets baby book. So we might go there today or tomorrow.

QOTD: I got Keira her first little pumpkin and then Walmart had bigger ones on for $0.96 (I can't pass up a good deal like that). That's pretty much all I do for fall/Halloween. We sometimes dress up, or dress the dogs up. I have a wreath on my front door made of branches and red berries. I have nowhere to store it so it stays up years round. I think it looks fall-ish lol. I'd get more decorations outside but I feel like they might disappear in this neighbourhood.

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - fibre bar

Lunch - thinking chicken soup

Snack - Greek yogurt, pepperette

Dinner - we still need to cook the beef I defrosted, so maybe that.

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 9/28/18 12:03 pm

Meg your menu looks great. Hope you got a nap in.

You said yesterday that there was a sale on beef somewhere. I like beef, I like sales. Spill friend, lol.

It sounds like the Little Nugget (aka Thorbellina ;)), will look adorable in those pics.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 9/28/18 12:08 pm - Canada

I weighed myself and my weight hasn't changed in 3-4 weeks so I will take it :) if I buttoned things up I'm sure I would drop more.

It was just ground beef on at Walmart for $2.88 per pound. We had bought a half cow last year and we are down to the last two baggies of ground beef. Still have a bunch of roasts though. In the summer we tend to eat more burgers, in the winter more stewing meat and roasts.

I should have taken a picture of you with Keira so I could caption it as "CC and Thorbellina" ;)

crqvingchange
on 9/28/18 1:55 pm

I would love a copy of that picture. Next time for sure we will take one.

I'm with you on the burgers in the summer and stews and soups in the cold weather. I'm thinking of getting an Instant Pot for my Dad. Maybe he will let me experiment with it.

Meggles07
on 9/28/18 1:57 pm - Canada

I don't know if it's a good deal or if the sale is still on, but Bed Bath and Beyond had the instant pot on sale in the last flyer... Might be worth checking out :)

Most Active
Recent Topics