What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 10/2/18 5:22 am

Good morning Menu Mates. DH came home from work early yesterday with a cold or flu. Today he is working from home and I will be avoiding anything he touches and disinfecting everything, lol.

Accountability: Really good

Question of the day: What is your go to when you feel like you are coming down with a cold or the flu? DH wants hot and sour soup. I drink lots and take Tylenol cold and flu.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with Pumpkin Spice sweetener

L. Scrambled eggs with peppers, spicy Havarti, bacon and a little salsa

D. Roast beef, gravy, mashed cauliflower with bacon and cheese

S. Maybe a protein shake if I go to the gym today.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

wrkinprogress
on 10/2/18 5:59 am

Yummy! I think I'm heading to your place for today's food because the menu looks great.

My go to for colds is to hit the Neocitron as soon as I feel a sniffle or scratchy throat and then it seems to disappear quickly. Is Neocitron still allowed after surgery?

crqvingchange
on 10/2/18 6:10 am

I'll put together an extra helping of my menu for you ;).

I think Neocitran is allowed, because I just looked at the ingredients and it said acetaminophen which is Tylenol and the other ingredient was what Benedryl is made from. Hopefully someone else will chime in if I'm wrong. I may go out and buy some Neocitran just in case for DH and give it a try myself if I feel something coming on.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/2/18 8:19 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I cancelled my plans for today in favour of sleep. We might run a couple small errands if the rain stops. Otherwise we will be hibernating today. Also waiting for a package to arrive. The email window says 10-2 but I've never seen the driver before 5, so I'm not holding my breath.

QOTD: good question... I like chicken soup pretty much only when I'm sick. I also take the Tylenol cold -- I like the nighttime one. That and lots of fluids. I might even make some popsicles if I felt up to it. Last year I mainly got sick with a stomach virus, so that was a whole different can of worms ;)

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - lactation cookies

Snack - protein bar

Lunch - tbd, possibly hot dogs

Snack - Greek yogurt and almonds

Dinner - leftovers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 10/2/18 9:53 am

Sleep is important for you and the Little Nugget right now.

I picked up some Chicken Bone Broth to make soup if I need to. Great minds think alike.

staceycvd
on 10/2/18 8:24 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

B- Premier chocolate protein shake

L- Crustless chicken pot pie

D- Who knows?!

How much food do you eat in one sitting?

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 10/2/18 10:00 am

Hi Stacey, it depends on what the food is. You are pretty early out and Guelph says to limit protein to 2oz per meal.

I am 4 years out and I can easily eat 4oz but try not to overdo it because I want to maintain my restriction (nutritionist advised me to do this). I can also eat a cup of yogurt, but that is a slider food. Salad I will eat a cup of because it chews done to next to nothing.

Most people will say that once you are 1 year post-op to limit the serving to 1 cup total per meal (including protein and veg.) There have been times when I have eye balled what I thought was a cup and regretfully I suffered because I overdid it. Lesson learned. I don't have to clean my plate. I can always have a snack later if I am still hungry but sometimes my brain needs to catch up with my pouch and know that I don't need anymore food at that moment. Hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics