vitimin's

sandy80
on 5/20/15 3:04 pm

Hi everyone! Now I wait for the shrink to call for an appointment, then everything goes to the insurance for approval. Almost there, I hope way before summer is over. Can anyone give me some direction on the cheapest company to buy the vitamins from we must take for life? All I know so far is, if I remember right that Vit C has to be liquid. I'm on disability and hoping my grocery bill will drop like a rock but then there's the vitamins.  Concerned about the cost. I learned one thing when I started out w/another dr. Big name brands are not better than cheaper. My blood work was almost rock bottom and they gave me 4 sheets front & back about them and what I needed to take. I learned that what the front label says doesn't matter much. Must read the breakdown on the back. Blood work shot up after 3 months of taking them from Puritan's pride, cheap by mail. I've checked out 2 sites and the cost is shocking. I think we must take C B12 and I don't know what else yet. Thanks

Patricia R.
on 5/20/15 3:42 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Sandy,

I take a multivitamin I get on Amazon, but it's not cheap, but it is 100% food based, as opposed to chemicals.  Plus it has probiotics.  I also take Citracal, vitamin D, Magnesium and because I don't absorb B12 anymore, I have to give myself shots, and use sublingual.  I take the Calcium, Magnesium and vitamin D because I have soft bones, and broke my foot twice, different bones.

Once you have your surgery, you should get your bloodwork done three, six and nine months the year after, plus every year after.  That will show how your nutrients absorb.  Plus, the best person to discuss vitamins with would be the nutritionist who works with your surgeon.  They'll probably have you journal your food, to discuss it.

Good luck.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

sandy80
on 5/20/15 4:06 pm

I've had to keep the journal for months now and I'm sick of it. Never could stand to write, weak hands then carpal tunnel surgery made them weaker. What I dread is keeping up w/what I eat, how to measure protein no clue and vitamin's and timing it all everyday.  I just don't want to have to eat much at all. I don't care about food at all, it's an inconvenience to me to get hungry. Illness & tons of med's I should have never been put on for years packed the weight on. I know there's a difference between heat processed vitamins and I know they add bad chemicals to everything. Didn't cross my mind about that w/vitamins. I have pre-osteo so bones are a major factor for me too. Mom gets a shot in her stomach twice a year. Don't want to do that ever. If only I knew when I was young what I know now. Oh well. Thanks

Mary Gee
on 5/20/15 5:03 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Sandy, I generally buy Store Brands of vitamins, etc. -- or buy them when they're on sale Buy One/Get One Free.

With regard to journally/tracking, I think we generally eat a lot of the same things over and over, so it does get easier.  Sometimes I do it in myfitnesspal, but other times I track in a notebook, and use my "shorthand" for entries.

As time passes, it will get easier.  Hang Tough!!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

sandy80
on 5/21/15 5:35 am

Hi Mary! Only problem w/store bought is they have no subliminal vitimins, I know at least one of them has to be like that. Dr gave me a list "short" of eating out foods. Fish & salad. I'm guessing once we eat whole food it amounts to about a cup of food per meal? I was told when we get hungry we will feel it more in the chest, strange. Thanks

Twinkles2147
on 5/21/15 5:32 am

Sandy, 

I buy store brand adult gummy vitamins. Because i have RLS i do take extra magnesium and i have osteopenia so i take extra calcium and vitamin D all store brand. 

I use calorie count (caloriecount.com ) to log my daily food water exercise and weight.  I have used it for over a year. Easy to use once i got use to all the convenient ways to enter info. Also lots of support.  Between the ladies here and on calorie count, it has been much easiet. 

Blessings, 

Francine

sandy80
on 5/21/15 5:37 am

I'll check it out. Thanks a bunch

sandy80
on 5/22/15 2:42 pm

HI! The first dr I started with said in no uncertain terms, no gummy bears. No clue what my present dr will say. I do know that for our bones, we must take calcium citrate w/D3. I've taken them for 2 years since my 1st blood work. Regular C doesn't do it for our bones. I order from Puritan's Pride, extremely affordable. I'm pre-osteoporosis. Mom has very bad bones and gets shots. I hope I started taking them in time to avoid them getting worse. It's just as important to exercise our muscles because they support our bones.  I picked up 2 5lb hand weights and will start going to a gym after I heal from surgery. It's free though my insurance. I'm so out of shape from years of inactivity due to illness. Better but still far weaker than the normal person. May get kicked out or laughed at. Must start really slow. Was waiting on the shrink to call with an appointment time. Instead she leaves me a message that she doesn't think she takes my insurance. My mistake was saying, medicare though Humana. All they heard was Medicare. Checked my book and that dr is listed so left another message. It's like my son said about the Army, it's always hurry up and wait. Tired of waiting. One person that responded is pushing some product or club for their own gain. I do not like that at all. This site is not for advertising. I'm going to search the net to learn more about healthy foods. There's a formula where eating certain foods together causes weigh loss and I just learned banana's are fattening. Have a lot to learn. Thanks

christinerocks
on 5/21/15 4:19 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hiya Sandy,

I take special bariatric vitamins made and sold by Bariatric Advantage. They are expensive but 1) they offer a 20% discount for "graduates" of my program and 2) I barely eat any more, so I figure I can "splurge" on special vitamins using the money I save on food! Whatever you decide, the key thing is to take vitamins. 

Based on my pre-surgery bloodwork, I take a multi with iron, calcium citrate, B12 sublingual, and a vitamin D supplement. I started taking biotin right after surgery, as that triggers hair growth; I hope it gives me a head start in growing hair to replace all that hair that will fall out in another month or so! (It happens for most people around months 3 or 4).  

Good luck!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

sandy80
on 5/22/15 2:49 pm

Your program?  this is not a site for selling, pushing your program for monetary gain. I find it very offensive. By the way, biotin does not bring hair back. It prevents further loss and makes what you have grow faster. The longer you take biotin, the less affective it is. It aslo changes the texture to wire like.  And, everyone doesn't lose hair.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views