Sleepless in my car in a rest area in Elkin North Carolina!!!

carlak
on 9/19/15 9:12 pm - Bradenton, FL

Good Saturday Morning!!

we r on our way to Michigan!!! I should hit Lansing around 5pm  I think.

Imcrazy tonight I couldn't find a hotel that would take my Bentley!!! So sad!!!

i just pulled in a rest area to rest my eyes for a bit!!!

I drove 700 miles today. I think I have 600 to go!!

Ok shut eye now has come!

Talk on! I'll check in you guys later!

Carla

image hosting site

Mary Gee
on 9/19/15 10:03 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

OMG Carla, 700 miles??!!!  Unbelievable!! And another 600 to go?  I used to go crazy driving from Utica NY to Bayside NY, about 250 miles.  Oh, the good old days when I was young - I'd make a spur of the minute decision to go home for a visit, and take off!  I loved to drive.  Now, not so much.  I like driving, but can't do it at night because of vision problems.  Of course, my folks were still alive then, and my Dad was a fantastic cook, so my visit were full of love, comfort and joy.  

Drive safely!!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

carlak
on 9/20/15 4:54 am - Bradenton, FL

Thankyou Mary! I do this trip about every eight weeks!!

Carla

image hosting site

cindibarre
on 9/20/15 7:50 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning Carla and OFF-

Wow 700 miles!  I can't do more that 450 a day my back can't handle it.  I'm sympathetic to hotel not taking animals.  I kind of plan my trip around hotels and motels that take pets.  Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly chain.

Rainy Sunday today in Maine.  Yesterday it was hot for the end of September upper 80's.  I did the dump run then met friends for lunch.  Then the town run for Walmart and knitting support for my friend.  We were joking that at the rate she's going there might be another generation of cats in her house before the bowl is done.  She had some mistakes that I had to correct and I had made a mistake in telling her how many stitches between markers.  But we worked it out and got her back on the right track.  She's talking about mailing me the knitting in Texas when she runs into a problem.  She cooked a wonderful dinner of Baramundi (australian farm raised sea bass), ratatoulli and wild rice.  Of course she had to have a dessert, chocolate cream pie.  A very tasty meal.  I tried to focus on chewing slowly and completely.  It's hard when you're dining with others who are gulping their food down.

Well that's all from Maine.  Carla I hope your travels remain safe and easy.  I'm of to town to get a few groceries to go with the remains in the freezer and then..........more packing.

Cindi B.

Judy G.
on 9/20/15 8:13 am - Galion, OH

Morning OFF family...

Well I am ready to talk today I guess...lol just been quiet and nothing to say...just reading here and then off to play my games on FB.

Yesterday Rick out of the blue said he wanted to go back home to see his friends. NOT family. OK. So next Saturday we take off and see his FRIENDS. We will spend Saturday night and come back home sunday. Cost...$80.00 for the room. Would be cheaper if no dog...but I can't leave Bandit home now can I? NO!!!! I could leave him in the kennel $5 cheaper than taking him with us...LOL but I will not do that either. Place we used to stay at has BAD reviews now and I told Rick no way are we staying there!! Next place across the street also BAD reviews...most saying it smelled like **** Oh hell no!!!! So we will be going to the next town and staying there instead...GOOD reviews!!! And a little more money also.

Made French Toast for breakfast today. YUMMMM Rick is smoking country ribs in the smoker today. Hope they turn out good. He is starting to fire it up now.

Tomorrow Bandit gets his bath and haircut. Finally!!! He really needs it cut bad!!!

Tuesday I go for my checkup since surgery. YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!! Hopefully I no longer will have to use that darn cream in my who-who and have to wear a pad and undies to bed!!!! YUCK!!!!

Well nothing else exciting happening...

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ready2goNOW
on 9/20/15 11:09 am

Good Afternoon from Delaware! Unlike Ms. Carla I cannot say I have crossed several state lines today...lol! One of the things I am still dealing with is the need for my daily nap, and that has been going on for years. Even when I was working FT I had to come home & lay down for 30-45 minutes or I would fall out. No way could I drive that far or for that long w/out doing the same. Plus I get so antsy and uncomfortable in a car....

Mary, hope all is well with you seeing you were up the other night w/Cindy. I am so glad I don't have a sleep problem. I am such a cranky beatch when I don't get my night time sleep AND nap. Low energy...that's me! Also, I was reading with interest your problem w/balance. I also suffer from that problem. And I get this weird vertigo feeling crossing the street. I think in my case it is my ears...I have always had fluid in them and have to use medicine to 'dry them out.' but it's gotten worse the past few years. Ugh!

Cindi, your move is coming fast! If I recall it is the end of this month? Are you excited or exhausted? We were planning on getting to Houston for Jim's daughter's wedding, but I guess 'destination weddings' are the thing now. She decided to do it in Destin, FL. We are waiting for a date. I hope she is still planning to wait until 2017. She asked her dad to consider getting both his knees replaced so he could walk her down the aisle. He has been hesitant to do so b/c he has MRSA. But he said he would try. Now that she is marrying on the beach rather than in a church he will definitely need to do something to be able to maneuver in sand. Anyway, we'll see when we get to Texas...sounds like FL will come 1st.

Also, on the 'food front' I had a heck of a time controlling myself last week while Jim's daughter was here. I didn't pig out, but I didn't eat as well as I could. And I felt it all week...that crappy, sluggish feeling. And I have noticed I am eating fast again...probably b/c of the liquid diet I begin the 28th and then the surgery. It is like I want to eat everything I can while I can. So I can relate to how you feel eating out w/ppl.

Judy, I think I would rather meet Rick's friends than hang out w/his family! At least you can get away!. I hear you about Bandit! I am so attached to the dog we got a few months ago & visa versa. We had a terrier for many years that passed back in 03 & never got another dog I could bond with. But when we traveled back then hotels weren't as dog friendly as they are now. So we snuck her in one of our bags when dogs weren't allowed...lol. She never peed or pooped in the room and wasn't a barker so I never felt guilty. Dogs really are members of your family, and like my little 'Tinker Stinker' who I have now...she gets very upset when we have to leave her at home to go shopping, etc. She tells us about it when we get home. So no way would I leave her for any length of time...

I hope all 'our sisters' are doing okay. I know sleeplessness has been a problem, but I do admire how everyone pushes on. I am worried about Connie as she has been 'down' for awhile. I hope the family's visit today makes her feel better!

Everyone have a good day!

Kathy

christinerocks
on 9/20/15 3:46 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hi there Kathy,

I was starting to worry that I had missed your surgery completely due to my flakeout.  Glad to be back in time to support you as you (and everyone) did for me!

I remember that I had a few "final food requests" before my surgery.  I didn't lose anywhere near as much as you have - you've really kicked booty pre-surgery!!!  I decided I wanted to have a cheeseburger and fries before my liquid diet started, so I went to a burger restaurant and you know what?  I couldn't even eat the whole thing - by that point my body had already changed that much that the meal didn't agree with me, but I enjoyed something like half of it and that was that!  But from what I read, many people have the same feeling of wanting to eat everything while you can. I'm sure you'll keep it in moderation and you'll do just fine.  How long is your liquid diet?  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Ready2goNOW
on 9/20/15 4:50 pm

Christine,

Thanks for the support. It is always good to hear you are not the only one who experiences these wacky feelings!

My liquid diet starts a week from tomorrow...the 28th and I have surgery the 12th. It is 2 weeks, but at least I am allowed 750 calories/daily. I'll get the majority from my protein shakes which are filling...the rest from jello, popsicles and maybe broth (ugh!)

Just hope I can keep the carb cravings under control. I have already turned down a couple family events during that time!

Keep visiting...we miss you! Are you getting close to goal? Do you still have strong cravings since surgery or are they more manageable?

Kathy

Cindy P.
on 9/20/15 11:15 am

Carla, I don't know how you do it (drive that far in a day)!  I get antsy being in a car that long.  Sorry you couldn't find a hotel that was pet friendly.  Hope you were finally able to get some rest in your car.

Cindy P.

Cindy P.
on 9/20/15 11:27 am

Well, it's almost afternoon here in Oregon.  I've managed to do nothing thus far today.

I had a hard time going to sleep again last night so I went in the LR and watched TV.  Fell asleep out there and woke up and returned to bed (not sure what time that was) and then I slept a heavy sleep until the alarm went off at 7 a.m. to give our dog his antibiotic.  Boy, did I wish I could ignore the alarm but the medicine has to be given every 12 hours and so I got up and so did hubby.  After meds and breakfast for the dog, I snuck back in bed and dozed for another hour or so.  It felt so good to rest.

This afternoon is clean-the-floors day so that's what we'll be doing for some of the afternoon.  Tomorrow, I will clean everything else as we have company coming on Tuesday morning.  Want everything to look neat and tidy for their visit.

Lots going on in our neighborhood.  Construction projects galore.  It's fun to drive around to see what's new.  I love to see people taking care of their places.

Well, I guess I should make something to eat.

Have a good day.

Cindy P.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views