Total Body Lift Update

Kelly V.
on 3/14/09 1:11 am - Galion, OH

Well girls and guys I am back.  Wednesday I had a total body lift.  I had a LBL with anchor cut, UBL where they removed my flanks and got the fat underneath my arm, Lipo suction and thigh lift.  He didn't go all the way down my thigh but mid thigh.

Honestly, the pain has been very minimal.  Just in my thighs mostly.  I was very dizzy and lightheaded.  My blood pressure remained about 95/54 which could explain the light headedness.   He said I approximately lost 18lbs from skin along and they only weighed the larger pieces. 

I cannot say enough about this surgeon and his staff.  I had to stand there while they Betadined my entire body and his lead nurse made everyone get out to allow me some privacy and warmed up the OR before I got there. 

I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights and the nurses were so helpful. 

The only thing that sucks is I have 8 drains.  Yes 8 of them!!  There are only 2 drains that are really draining.  My butt looks nice even though most of it is swollen, even if it goes down I bit I will be pleases. 

I am not taking any pain medicine cause it is knocking me out and the pain is tolerable.

Ok I am going for now and will post soon.  My post op appt is Tuesday and I hope I at least get some of the drains out.

DEBI R.
on 3/14/09 2:26 am - CORSICANA, TX
I'm glad your doing so well Kelly, I can't believe your not taking any pain meds you're awful brave. I'm scheduled for a TT & Brachioplasty April 8th.  Eight drains is alot hopefully you'll get some of them out Tuesday.  Keep us posted. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

jazzigirl
on 3/14/09 2:38 am - Rose Hill, KS
What a wonderful post! And I went to your profile and read it all! I am looking into PS and was considering DR. Q in Mexico but not long ago a lady put pictures up of the mess he made of her body and then would fix it. Scared the you know what out of me. I respect the fact that you have done your research and I have also decided to try and do it all in the US. I need to have everything done that you had done but I didn't know you could do it all at once. Did your insurance cover it? If not, would you mind telling me the cost of the whole procedure including hospital etc? I have to pay out of my pocket and want an idea. Also, I might be interested in going to your surgeon (I'm in Kansas) since you thought he was worth the travel. I hope you have continued smooth sailing and that your body is all you have ever dreamed of. I would really appreciate seeing before and afters when you put them up. Thanks for your information.

75% EWL!!!!    Miracles do happen and the DS is mine!
MyQnA
on 3/14/09 4:54 am
WOW it is good to hear that you are home but you sound like an ideal patient.  I hope you continue to have such a successful recovery.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

MelissaF
on 3/14/09 5:56 am - Northwood, IA
Congratulations Kelly for being on the other side of this and enough pain control to not even need any pain medication.  Wow, that is just amazing.  Sounds like your surgeon is an artist in his work and very careful in his technique and his assistive staff equally amazing.  Between that and what sounds like a high pain tolerance threshold you are doing quite well already.  I pray for continued great progress for you and those drains to start disappearing soon!!!  Thanks for the update!!  Would love to see pics if you are comfortable posting them!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

totalfreedom
on 3/14/09 10:17 am - Northern CA
Hi kelly,

Happy to hear from you and that you are doing so well. Sounds like your pain is getting under control. Don't short change yourself though! I know you did alot of research for such a long time. I am so glad you are finally over the surgery and on your way to a brand new you.

keep us updated. Also, I posted some new pics at 10 weeks. I have had alot of swelling, but things are getting so much better. Hope to see your before and afters if you want to share!

Take good care of yourself.

Kelli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

greenrobinson
on 3/14/09 10:55 pm
Hey Kelly
So glad you are doing so good!!!!! I can't remember. Who did your surgeries? Do you mind sharing?  I can't wait to see your results.
Robin
Kelly V.
on 3/15/09 4:30 am - Galion, OH

The surgeon I used was Dr. Terrence Myckatyn and his residency program through Washington University.   I had my final decision between him and Mexico but seeing the mess the Mexican physicians have left these poor people in I wasn't willing to take that chance.  The price was very comparable to the Mexican prices I received.  I was worried about using a resident surgeon but will be scheduling my next phase before I go home because of the wonderful job he did.  I need to have my arms revised and am debating on getting the breast augmentation.  I hope to do that in June.

I have not had a second worth of regret using this physician and his residency program.  Plus he will do total body lift and not all residency programs will do that.  

He is worth checking out I promise!!  Let me know and I will give you his number. 

Melissa M.
on 3/15/09 1:00 am - Seabrook, TX
Wow, that is amazing!  So glad things are going well for you.  I hope I'm as lucky as you pain wise after my surgery.

Best wishes,
Melissa
BlueEyes30
on 3/15/09 9:35 am - Haughton, LA
Kelly,  I have not seen where you had your surgery at.  I read this posting and amazed at you not on pain meds.  Gosh, what a high tolerance for pain and knowing that you are pleased amazes me. 

Will you please email me your physicians information.  I researched mexican doctors and started hearing horror stories as well.  I will say that I had a RNY in Bogota, Columbia and they took amazing care of me. God was with me the whole time.  Anyhow, where are you from?  Was your surgeon near you or another area?  What was inclusive price?  Can you send me the information and let me contact him?  I would prefer to stay in the states too if the price is right and the deal is good.  I looked into Dallas and they wanted about $40,000 in 2 phases total.  I can't do that. 

Can't wait to hear from you.

Elizabeth

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

Most Active