How long between procedures?

akers123
on 4/20/09 10:58 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
I had a LBL Feb 25th (Starting Weight 198) and the Dr. removed 11 pounds of skin.  

I have a very "fat back" and the way the LBL works, it doesn't help the side and back fat very much.  So even after the LBL I still have love handles that attach to my "fat back".

OK, so let me go back to the beginning.  When I first got my consult, the Dr. Said, I would most likely need 3 procedures.  LBL fist.  Then he thought I might need Lipo on my back and arms (they are still a bit thick) and might do lipo on my thighs as well.  Third surgery would be the Upper Body Lift with back flanks, Breast Lift and Arms.

So now I am wondering, how long did you all wait in between surgeries.  I am hoping that he will be able to skip the Lipo 2nd surgery and go straight to the UBL, Breast and Arms.  I just look at myself and know I am only half done.

I am only 8 weeks out and just can't wait to move to the next step although I know I am not healed from the LBL yet.  The necrosis was just cut out 3 weeks ago and re sewed me up.

OK, I think I babbled an babbled.  Sorry about that.

ME
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 11:07 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I've been told a minimum of 3 months between surgeries (could be even up to 6 months if still swollen).  However after my arms they did say they could possibly do my LBL after 2 months if I was up to it.  After my BR/BL they said minimum of 3 months before the next one.

Gotta give the body time to recover.....I'm rather impatient when it comes to this....I want it all done at once or at least very quickly....

Good luck!
Ruth
totalfreedom
on 4/20/09 11:16 am - Northern CA
My surgeon said 90 days.  But I think it depends on which parts.  I had a couple of surgeons say they could do the LBL/BL/BA, then the following week they would do the face/neck lift.  

You will probably be ready at 3 months.  I am going for stage 2 at 4.5 months, then plan the last stage for 5 months later.  It's a work thing, plus I really want to feel well going in for the surgery.  I wasn't ready at 3 months, but now I can't wait!!

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

akers123
on 4/20/09 11:20 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
You had a LBL right? 

What other procedures do you plan on having?
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

totalfreedom
on 4/20/09 11:36 am - Northern CA
Hi Kristi,

Yes, I had LBL/Butt Aug/Thigh lift and BL at the same time.  The 2nd stage is on May 11th.  I am having a face/neck lift and the implants put in.  I will probably get some more body contouring (lipo) and fat transfer to my lower butt area.  Just some reshaping if he has time, otherwise I will finish any revision work at my 3rd stage which is the arms. I plan to do that in October or so.

I think the psychological part as well as the physical aspects must be insync to go forward with the next steps.  I am ready now.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

cleos_mom
on 4/20/09 1:28 pm - phila., PA
I was told  @ least 3 months between surgeries, because of the anesthesia & stress on the body.
workingmommy
on 4/20/09 1:49 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I am scheduled June 17 for a LBL, then July 14 for the BL/BA/Brachio

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

BigCityGirl
on 4/20/09 2:48 pm - San Diego, CA
LBL - Aug 2007
BL/BR with Brachioplasty - Jan 2008
Facelift -  Oct 2008

I could have gone sooner for the Facelift but I work in the spring and fall and didn't want to disrupt my busines.

This October - Butt augmentation with thigh lipo.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 8:40 pm
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/20/09 9:30 pm - OH
I had a hernia repair in the middle of May last year, had the panniculectomy at the end of June (6 weeks later), had the mons lift and arms done at the end of September (less than 4 months after the hernia repair), and then had the TT at the end of January.  It was too much.  I felt ok physically after the first 3 surgeries, but emotionally it took a toll.  After I had the TT, I had the necrosis issue AND I lost a bunch of hair again (which did NOT happen after the earlier plastic surgeries).  Just too much trauma and healing in too short a time.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active