Average price for Tummy Tuck?

PBJ
on 10/16/11 6:38 am
Just wondering what the average price is??  I didn't shop around as I knew who I wanted to do it ..but I have no idea if my price is average or what!!  My price does include 2500 for back lipo.  I appreciate any input.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Laz22girl
on 10/16/11 8:26 am
 2500.00 for tt and back lipo?

That is super cheap! I was quoted 5500.
PBJ
on 10/16/11 8:30 am
oh no ..that is just for the back lipo.  Total of everything is 13,000.  I just wanted to see if that is the average.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
rachelmaine
on 10/16/11 11:28 am, edited 10/16/11 11:55 am
Hi Patty,
I just had my extended abdominalplasty 3 weeks ago, in Portland, Maine.  It cost me 8,300.  Sounds like your quote would be very close to mine, if I had added the lipo (which I didn't).  
Rachel
rachelmaine
on 10/16/11 11:33 am
 Hi Again, Patty!
I should have asked where you are?  The northeast tends to be on the high end of average.  I also chose a Dr that I wanted, not the price.
Take Care,
Rachel
PBJ
on 10/16/11 11:40 am
Hi Rachel,

I am in Northern california.  I too choose the doc , not the price.  I was just curious what the average price was.  how is your recovery?  Was the first week awful  are you happy so far with the results...I can't wait. 

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
rachelmaine
on 10/16/11 12:29 pm, edited 10/16/11 12:29 pm
 Hi Patty,
My recovery is actually going very well, thanks for asking.  There are times when I forget I had surgery.  The first 3-4 days were the toughest.  I would say to make sure you have someone that can help you out.  Just getting up can make you lightheaded!  My boyfriend and sister (who is a CNA) were really needed. The rest of the week, i still had help but it wasn't as needed but very helpful.  I was allowed showers but found them very tough without a chair and help nearby.  The second week was so much better.  I had stopped pain meds and was going out for short walks.  I did a lot of resting to heal and in preperation of returning to work, which I'm returning on exactly my 3 week date.  
The first time I touched my stomach, i couldn't believe it!  It was so flat!  I ended up losing 4.1 lbs of skin and fat and another 5 lbs.  I don't seem to be too bloated and I find that keeping compression garments on really help to keep me comfortable.  I picked up an inexpensive one at sears yesterday for only $13.  I would reccomend that you get a few, but don't get the extra firm control... it's way too tight for this soon after surgery.  
I hope all goes well with your surgery!
Rachel
PBJ
on 10/16/11 12:44 pm
Rachel,  Sounds like you are doing great!  I too am going to take 3 weeks off work..do you think that is enough time?  You did not have any lipo right with it? 
My husband is going to be home with me for the first 5 days and so I am hoping after that I will be ok.
How about your appetite..did you lose it for a while?  I hear that people post TT feel more restriction is that the case with you?
Sorry so many questions..but it is so helpful!

Thanks
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
rachelmaine
on 10/16/11 10:33 pm
 Hi Patty,
I don't mind the questions, at all!  I've read others posts and found them helpful.  I am so happy to hear that you will have your husband for 5 days.  That will be so good for you.  For the first week, I feel as though the help from loved ones is just as important as the pain meds.  
I didn't have the lipo, so I don't know that part of it.  I had flat gingerale and peanut butter crackers for the first couple of days. (It's so important to eat protein with the meds... it really makes a difference in how you tolerate them!) I didn't have much of an appetite for the first week but then it came back.  I do feel more restricted but sometimes feel the compression garment adds to that because of the tightness.  
Take Care,
Rachel

Lizzy25
on 10/16/11 2:02 pm
I'm having a fleur de lis tummy tuck (with vertical incision) with lipo of flanks and vajayjay, it's running me $9,000 total. I'm paying an extra $400 for a pain pump.
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Most Active