yoga pants??

PBJ
on 12/6/11 11:17 pm
Hi everyone,

I keep hearing people say they really like to wear yoga pants after surgery....perhaps this is a dumb question but what  are they?  are they like leggings and where do you find them?  Trying to be prepared here!

Thanks
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Laura in Texas
on 12/6/11 11:40 pm
They're just like a super-lightweight sweat pant without the elastic at top or bottom (usually a drawstring waist). Super comfy. Google it. I live in mine when lounging around the house.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

waitinggame
on 12/6/11 11:46 pm, edited 12/6/11 11:46 pm - Bowie, MD
Hey there. I found some at Walmart (near the sweats/exercise stuff--Danskin) that were the same comfy material Laura is talking about, but these have a light elastic waist with drawstring so when you are swollen you won't need the drawstring, but as the swelling goes down you can use it. I have found that even mine with just the light elastic waist have been indispensable.They have all different cuts now too--flare leg, skinny leg, straight leg. I prefer the flare leg to balance out my thighs, but obviously I'm not exactly a fashion maven in my cotton stretch pants!! LOL!  There are some that have a big 4" tall elastic waist and those are a no-go. I do love these pants--some days I just can't bear to put on jeans!

Good to be ready!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active