Per op appt

PBJ
on 12/28/11 1:37 pm
 Tomorrow is my ore op appt with my PS .....so excited!!!  My surgery is on 1/11.  Just can't wait to talk to him tomorrow and get all the details...

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
PBJ
on 12/28/11 1:38 pm
 Oops.... Meant pre op!
My weight loss journey                                                    
waitinggame
on 12/28/11 1:43 pm - Bowie, MD
Make sure you take a list of questions--it's easy to forget stuff in the excitement.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Denise
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 4:00 pm
 Patty - that is exciting!  What kind of surgery are you having?  Like Denise said, be sure and take a list of questions - no question is too silly!

Gracie150
newalpha
on 12/28/11 7:10 pm, edited 12/28/11 7:14 pm
Patty, I agree totally with what Denise and Gracie have said. Be sure and ask very specific outcome questions. I notice a very large percentage of people that are talking revision as soon as their swelling goes down because their not happy with hips,back,or butt. Ask? It seems like alot of people for example get a TT thinking their hips are going to magically disappear. It is a whole lot cheaper to get it done now rather than doing multiple waist and back procedures when a LBL is what really needs to happen to achieve the look your after. Make your PS slow down and tell you as close as he can what you will be left with. Never forget it's your money!!! I was concerned with questions that were after care stuff that you'll have PLENTY of time to discuss later; ex. Compression garments, bandages, ointments and such. Don't worry about any of that at this point. This is your pre-op and focus on those things that you have ONE shot at, the procedures. I can't stress that enough. Everything else has a natural progression and you will address those things as they arise.

Steve
PBJ
on 12/28/11 10:35 pm
Thank you for everyone's advice about asking specific questions...I wrote down a list of specific ones last night and am taking that with me.
I am having an extended abdominalplasty and full back lipo.  He said that I did not need the LBL.  I am going to question him again on that and be very specific with the outcome questions.  I don't have the time (or money) to go back for a revision!  I have seen his work before..and I was very pleased.
Thanks for the tips..and I will let you know how it goes!

So excited!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Sweetitalian1
on 12/29/11 1:10 am - CA
I am super excited for you Patty.

Most Active