deal on spanx!

PBJ
on 1/31/12 9:26 am
So at my doctors appt today (3 weeks post TT) he told me that he didn't want me to wear any underwear that  the elastic touched my waist at all.  he wanted nothing on my waist for several months.  He told me to go and get some spanx that was very high waisted  (like to right under the boobs).  So I went to nordstoms to find what I needed and tried them on for size.  I bought a pair just to have.  (they were 36.00 each)  Came home and found the exact same thing on ebay...no tax and free shipping for 19.99 and 21.95 each.  So I got a weeks worth..and I am so happy to get a deal.

If anyone knows of another brand that is cheaper...please share!

I just wanted to share the savings that I found.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
JustLookingToo
on 1/31/12 9:58 am - AL
I just bought a new pair of horse clippers in town and Googled them when I got home to check the price. I paid about 50.00 too much on a 150.00 pair of clippers, so I guess they are going back and I'm going to order online. That kind of thing does not happen to me very often because, like you, I usually go look and try on so I can go home and order online. 

Thanks for the heads up on the Spanx. I'll be needing some very soon! Hope your recovery continues to go well.

bowknot
on 1/31/12 10:25 am
I found three pair at Target before my surgery. They were about $20 per pair. I'm very happy with them. I have to go back for more. I'm getting tired of fighting the laundry monster at my house. It is hard when you can't bend or lift.

Kay
ChangingNow
on 1/31/12 10:45 am - OH
Don't you just love eBay.  I buy stuff there all the time.

The inventor of Spanx also has a line at Target, called Assets.  They are cheaper.  I've used both and they seem the same to me.

Hope you're doing well.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

PBJ
on 1/31/12 11:04 am
I did not know about assets..I will check them out.  Thanks for the tip

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Michelle E.
on 1/31/12 11:21 am
Patty,

I like the Assets & Barely There from Target.. much cheaper than the Spanx..

Michelle
Lee ~
on 1/31/12 11:46 am - CA
I use Flexee brand.  Much cheaper and just as good.  I get the camisoles at Costco.  I got my bottoms at Twice as Nice in Half Moon Bay.  They sell rejects from costco.  All of the clothing is 1/2 off the costco price.  I stocked up on spandex!  I wash the flexee's in the sink and they're dry by evening so I don't need as many pairs.  I love the leggings.  They even feel good under jeans.

Target sells some undies that don't have any elastic in them at all.  I have the hip huggers and thongs.  It's a silky material and there's no elastic in the legs either which is good with my groin incisions.  No panty line either!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

PBJ
on 1/31/12 1:05 pm
Hi Lee,

Where do you get the flexee brand?  did your doc tell you no elastic band on your tummy too?  Is it comfortable to wear the spanx things everyday?
I did get the camisoles at costco (per your suggestion) and I really like them..great price too!

I have been to twice as nice....but not for awhile.  Maybe we could meet there one day, shop and have lunch??

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Lee ~
on 1/31/12 2:38 pm - CA
 I got the legging  bottoms at twice as nice.   They have some in long pants at Costco.  I got long ones at twice as nice as well as a champion brand long pair.  I got S and think I need a M like in the leggings.

I wasn't told anything about elastic.  My LBL incision is right above the mons in the front and runs the line above my crack in the back.  Nowhere near where panty elastic is when wearing hipster or bikini panties.   The flexee bottoms come up under my breasts.  I have two pairs and want to get more.

I hope to go to HMB next week.  We could shop and lunch!  That would be so much fun.  I'll let you know if I'm going down there!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MsApryl
on 1/31/12 12:06 pm - Pocono summit, PA
i am not sure what you mean by saying no elasic touching your waist. Is'nt spanx elastic
Please elaborate I am a little confused

Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
Most Active