A Supportive Husband on my journey to PS......

DragonGirl
on 3/7/12 12:31 am - MN
I just have to brag about my Hubby for a moment...

He was my rock through my VSG last year. He was supportive and wonderful.

This year, we're getting ready for plastics. He has been the same wonderful, supportive guy through all of this as well. Even if insurance does pay for my TT and BL...(I'll pay for the BA part) we'll still have over $5000 out of our pocket. I'm not complaining and will be blessed if insurance kicks in a share. We scraped our budget with a fine tooth comb, and every spare penney has been going into the "boob fund"...he picked the fund name. LOL!  We need home repairs done but they're all getting put on hold.

We just got tax money back and I insisted bills got paid first. No money left for the fund. He came home last night and informed me he restructured 2 of our bills and stuck a good chunk of money into the fund. He wants to make sure we're ready for the PS so I can get some relief.

Forgive me for bragging....but I really love this guy!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
2muchfluff
on 3/7/12 12:37 am
 That's great.  Sounds like you have a gem there.  Hang on tight to him, they don't come along too often!

DragonGirl
on 3/7/12 1:12 am - MN
Thanks Fluff! I know I have a gem...trust me when I tell you I kissed a whole buncha frogs before I found my prince!
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Michele816
on 3/7/12 12:48 am
Thank God for good guys!!!!!!  

My husband has been great through all of this.  I was fortunate that insurance paid for my tummy tuck when the doctor did my hernia repairs (panni was huge-halfway down my thighs).  He was not able (doesn't t do this) to do a mons lift/reduction though and it needs to be done-it also hangs halfway down my thighs and is the size of a softball!!!!  

I talked with my husband about it and said that I have to have this done and will use my extra check at the end of the school year and  summer school pay to cover the costs and he didn't even bat an eye.  We, too, have needed work on the house and bills to pay, but he was cool with letting them slide for now.  We are hoping and praying that insurance will be appalled at my condition, take pity and pay for the necessary procedure(s), but if not, he is on board with finding the funds to pay out of pocket.

Good Guys all!

DragonGirl
on 3/7/12 1:18 am - MN
Awww Michelle...sounds like you have a great guy, too!! I wish you good luck and I'll cross stuff that you're successful in your persuit! Have you checked out Dr. Sauceda?? He's in Mexico, and once I have what insurance will cover done, I'll probably go to him to finish things up! I hear nothing but rave reviews about him!!! I think you have to be a member of his group to post...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discuss ion/

Good luck and good wishes!
Heidi
EthelMae
on 3/7/12 1:25 am - MD
Does he have an available brother with the same though process?

It's great that you have someone like this. 

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Amy Smith
on 3/7/12 2:09 am
I was going to ask for a brother on the East Coast!  (Heck, I have already done most of my plastics, but just want a supportive guy to share my life with!)

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

2muchfluff
on 3/7/12 6:09 am
 Heidi,
You made me laugh about kissing all the frogs before you found your prince!  I guess you could say I  did this a lot too before I found mine.  If I had sat down and wrote out my wish list for the perfect mate, mine was it, and then some.  
He got me started off on my weight loss journey only because he was so concerned about my health and encouraged me along the way.
Unfortunately, he had overwhelming health issues and I lost him about a year and a half ago.  If it hadn't been for his positive force in my life and me knowing what his wishes were, I would probably have gotten discouraged and given up.  But his words kept ringing in my ears, so I had to continue my journey.
This man changed my life in ways that he probably never even realized and he would have wanted me to complete my journey just like your husband does.  
It makes me feel good to know that I was not the only one who was blessed with such a loving partner.

dasie
on 3/7/12 9:10 am
That was an amazing tribute to your husband.  You too are a very fortunate woman.

PBJ
on 3/7/12 8:11 am
You are a very lucky lady!  Good for you...  Nothing better than a supportive partner!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active