Hospital bag?

jlyn412
on 5/29/12 1:09 am - Atlanta, GA
Ok, so I read and read, but can't find a post that gives good ideas about what to bring with you to the hospital if you're staying overnight after PS. Any special tidbits you can offer? Will I need jammies, or will I want to be naked? I read something about itchy compression garments, has anyone else had this experience? I know there is a bunch of us with upcoming June surgeries, should we start a list?

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

kb64
on 5/29/12 1:27 am - Clarksville , TN
I took the bare minimum. I stayed overnight and just kept in the hospital gown. You really wouldnt need to take anything. Wear baggie sweatpants and big shirt in with slipon shoes and wear that home. The hospital has what you need for them to clean you up before leaving. I would keep it simple. :) Good luck

HW 270/ SW 255/ CW 210/GW 180

jlyn412
on 5/29/12 7:40 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks! Flippy-floppies and my Bf's sweat pants, I'm all over it. I'll have moms there to chat with, I imagine I'll only need the stuff in my purse.

godzilla
on 5/29/12 1:30 am - Israel
Well, living in Israel and going via Public Hospital as opposed to private, I,, once admitted and at night (hear one is usually admitted the day before surgery) I put on hospital jammies and towels and try to come as minimalistic as possible.
I live three and a half hours away and travel on public transportation so I look for ways to not carry too much yet don't want to have ro but in the hospital Mall if I can avoid it.
Bring comfy clothes for release.
Cellphone and charger.
Normal toiletries and I advise wipes
Book/magazine/laptop
Vitamins and nosh if you want
Mikimi in Israel
jlyn412
on 5/29/12 7:42 am - Atlanta, GA
Wipes? I guess to kinda "freshen up" right? That sounds good, I have a new travel pack sitting on my bathroom counter right now. And of course I never go anywhere w/o the iPhone! Thanks! 

godzilla
on 5/29/12 7:57 am - Israel
I actually use wipes (I buy whatever is on sale in a pack of five) all the time to wipe my backside and then tp cyz I hate to feel wet anywhere. Since RnY I spend a lot of time in the toilet room and I notice the difference when I'm not home and use only tp. But when I was in hospital in August 2011 for my TT and (then for the minor complication) almost everyone-or at least the ladies-used wipes.
Mikimi
kathkeb
on 5/29/12 4:17 am
I didn't stay overnight, but I would have brought my won socks because my feet are always cold!!!

My iPod is a must and lip balm

For the ride home, you want loose clothes that button up. You might not want to have to lift your arms to get on a pullover.

I went to goodwill and bout some large sweats and wore them with one of my husbands denim work shirts.

I also would recommend slip on shoes.
Kath

jlyn412
on 5/29/12 7:38 am - Atlanta, GA
OOOHH!!! Lip balm! Yes, I remember loving having this at my WLS 4 years ago, thanks for reminding me! And a button up shirt! I will be raiding my BF's closet! Thanks!

PBJ
on 5/29/12 1:14 pm
I agree..keep it simple! Wear very lose clothes to the hospital.  I wore a sweat suit/pj type of suit and my slippers to the hospital and wore the same thing home the next morning.   I also brought a few other things...toothbrush, lip balm and not much else.  I didn't use a thing...really I didn't! 

good luck to you!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
pagek77
on 5/29/12 3:43 pm, edited 5/29/12 3:43 pm
 I'm not sure what procedures you're having done but I had an extended tummy tuck 2 weeks ago and had also seen posts about the torso binder being itchy. Mine was outpatient at my PS's surgical center but by the end of the evening, the binder was itchy so I took a soft tank top (long enough to cover all body that the binder would touch) the next day to my post-op visit and the nurse helped me put the tank top on before she put the binder back on so I would definitely take one of you're going to have a torso binder.. The nurse said it was pretty common to wear a tank top or soft tee under the binder. I would take the absolute bare minimum to the hospital. Wear the same outfit to/from and easy slip-on shoes or sandals. Good luck!
Most Active