LBL and Arms at same time

Tess145
on 7/3/12 1:48 am - Senatobia, MS
 How much were you able to use your arms if you had them done at the same time as a LBL or TT?  How did you get up and down?

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Lee ~
on 7/3/12 1:57 am - CA
 Hi Tess,

I had my arms, breats, LBL and thighs done at the same time.  I slept in a hospital type bed for five nights.  After that I moved to a regular hotel bed and propped up pillows, then to my bed at home. I don't have a recliner etc.  The muscle tightening in my tummy made getting up and down a slower process but very do-able.

I started taking Pilates classes weekly in January, then went to 2x a week last summer.  By the time December rolled around for my procedures, I was good to go.  I tried to do Pilates ab work at home at least  5x a week.  I just practiced extending my arms and legs and holding them still while I used my core to bring me up to sitting.  The work that I did in preparation served me very well.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Tess145
on 7/3/12 4:21 am - Senatobia, MS
 I just can't imagine not having the use of my arms after I had my TT and hernia repair.  I want to go back and have the backside of the LBL done and my arms done at the same time but once again I don't know how I will function with limited use of my arms.  Are the arms useable at all?  Or, are they just wrapped up and none functioning?

Tess

PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Lee ~
on 7/3/12 5:51 am - CA
 I had lots of arm use.  I just didn't want to stress my incision lines. I was able to get things from the cabinet when I got home from Mexico at two weeks post op.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

-VolsDiva-
on 7/3/12 5:11 am - Orange County :), TN
I had lbl, bc/ba and arms done at the same time and I get around just fine. The biggest complaint I have is styling my hair. I am three weeks out and just now able to flat iron my hair.

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

dani02
on 7/3/12 10:00 am - Utica, MI
I had tummy tuck with muscle tightening and my arms done. Outpatient
surgery. Was home in my recliner propped up with pillows. I had movement.
needed a darn back scratcher though. Also the anesthesia doctor did
a nerve block like when you have a saddle block with childbirth. My arms
were working just couldn't feel them for 24 hours. Felt great. I only needed
the "good" drugs for 1 day. than I just took tylenol pm at night.
I used my legs and just took my time to get up and down. Laughing was the
worse. And my first sneeze. Oh lord help me. That was an experience.
I will be a month out on july 6th and I am back to work and doing more
around the house. I just took things really slow.

Good luck
Dani
KatCooper
on 7/3/12 1:11 pm - Collierville, TN
 Does this mean you are pleased with Dr. Aldea??

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Tess145
on 7/4/12 12:08 am - Senatobia, MS
Yes I am.  I plan to go back after the New Year to have him do the backside of the LBL and any revisioins that the FDL TT needs.  I would also like him to do my arms at the same time but I am not sure that he will.  He prefers to work on one area at a time to perfect that one before moving on to a new area.  Plus he does not want surgery to go over 6 hours for my safety.  He really wants to do my arms and a BL/BA but I am not sure I want my breasts done.  I don't think I have enough left to lift and I really don't want implants.  We are still discussing this one.  I go back for my 3 month check up on August 15th.

Tess

Anne D.
on 7/3/12 11:53 pm
I had extended tummy and arms done together. I had some use of my arms, I was able to get up and down without problems. I had no problem using the bathroom. I slept in a big comfy chair for about 5 days, my bed is very high. I needed help to change clothes for about two days but then was ok. My arms had ace bandages to the elbow, so I could bend them. I had really no pain in my arms. My abs were very tight and sore, but the incision was very numb, not too much pain overall. My biggest challenge was also my hair. I wore a lot of headbands for about 3 weeks. I was very wiped out from anesthesia and pain pills for about a week, but then really felt a lot better. Once I had the last drain out 2 wks later I felt way better. Best of luck!

Most Active