Reconstructive Surgery on 04/18/2013

SugarHooker
on 12/30/12 11:05 pm - Long Beach, CA

I have locked in a date for an extended tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift and breast left/augmentation.  I am excited and scared. Can anyone offer me any advice about healing, or suggestions about preparing my home for the surgery. i was thinking I ought to rent an electric lift chair. Any information would be appreciated.

Height 5'2.5"                      Start       End   
          Highest     Referral     Class        Class      Surgery    Current     Goal
Date                     3/09      10/7/09    3/3/10    6/8/10       9/19/13
Weight  250          240          232          217          208           135        125
BMI      45            43.2         41.8         39.1          37.4          24.3       22.5

06/08/2010 Vertical Gastric Sleeve / Dr Zane  04/18/2013 Extended Tummy Tuck, Thigh Lift, Breast Lift / Reduction, and Lipo / Dr.. Agha 12/02/2013 Breast Implants and touch ups / Dr. Agha

Kim S.
on 12/31/12 12:29 am - Helena, AL

I just had a LBL and BL on November 9th.  I had a walker ready at the house and a potty seat riser.  I only touched the walker once.  The potty seat riser was a God send!  I also had a shower seat which was very helpful the first few days. I tried the recliner but it was very uncomfortable for me.  I did better on the sofa, propped up with pillows under my knees.

SugarHooker
on 12/31/12 6:17 pm - Long Beach, CA

Great suggestions. I will add the potty seat riser and shower chair to my equipment list. Maybe i will go to the equipment rental pace and try out the chairs a few times (with a book and iPod in hand) to see how cozy they will feel for and extended time period versus my old couch and some pillows.  

ready2sleeve
on 12/31/12 3:00 am - CA

Congrats to you on your upcoming surgery. I see that you are in Long Beach and so am I. If you don't mind I am looking into a tummy tuck and BA/BL is your surgeon in Orange County or Long Beach?

Thanks 

Carla 

Pre-op: 320, SW: 298, CW 194,  Doctors goal 180,  My GW 160   
SugarHooker
on 12/31/12 6:24 pm - Long Beach, CA

My surgeon is in OC. I looked at a lot of the surgeons ranging from the San Fernando Valley to South Orange County. I narrowed it down to ten, and looked at their professional histories (History of law suits, education, licensing, board memberships, history of peer reviewed publication and research, etc.) as well as the photographs provided on their websites (keep in mind these photos are of their best work. When reviewing the photos, I looked for presence of scarring, multiple angles of photographs, and time of healing. I also looked for patients with similar body shape and type to mine to compare the results that I would like to see and what magic the plastic surgeon has achieved with previous patients.

Carla, I attempted to send you a private message with my top two surgeons, but I can't do so without being you"friend' on here. please send me a friend request. it would be lovely to share the information with someone who is on the same path and so close to home.

godzilla
on 12/31/12 4:50 am - Israel
I've read to up your protein,zinc,Vit A before during and after but I font recall how much before or how much more.
Excited for you.
Mikimi in Israel
SugarHooker
on 12/31/12 6:29 pm - Long Beach, CA

Thanks, Mikimi! i  had not even thought to look into nutritional viability for surgery. i have heard a few times of people having to delay their surgery due to having "bad" labs. I should request a nutritional panel so i can find out if I need to increase the vitamin intake. I have also heard for this protein and vitamin supplement called ProCare. Can anyone speak to the efficacy of this product for surgical preparation and healing?

kathkeb
on 12/31/12 12:28 pm

I had an abdominoplasty last March and was really, really glad to have rented a remote-controlled recliner for the first month (I actually extended it another 2 weeks).

I have a walking stick (for hiking) and it helped me to get up and down

I had a small table next to the recliner that I put meds, remotes, Ipad/Ipod, lip balm, lotion, etc on.

I had some meals in the freezer that were easy to defrost and easy to eat (soups, chili) and all essentials at waist height so I didn't have to reach very far for anything.

To be honest, I have one of those 'snuggy' things --- and it was super easy to toss over me on the recliner to stay warm -- easier than a blanket because my arms slipped into it -- so it could not really fall off like a blanket can.

I was awake every few hours --- and sometimes went right back to sleep, but sometimes wanted to be up, and watching TV or being on-line ---- so, it was nice that I was in a part of the house that did not disturb my husband.  I slept on and off during the day, so at night did not always sleep straight through.

Kath

SugarHooker
on 12/31/12 6:53 pm - Long Beach, CA

Kath, - Thanks for getting my wheels turning about having stuff to do when the cabin fever sets in. I have not thought about how I was to occupy my mind while my body was healing. I was hoping to stay on the morphine pump as long as possible. (Wishful thinking, I know!) I do have a "slanket" handy at all times, and I am not ashamed. I have always been on the chilly side. Ready to heat up meals are going to be well planned for sure! I need to start meal planning. So many little details to think about. Thank you for the tips about day-to-day comfort. I will definitely be incorporating your ideas into my healing regimen!

Most Active