Horrific Spasms 5 Weeks Post Op Extended TT

melizabeth
on 4/12/13 2:52 pm - CA

Anybody else dealing with HORRIFIC muscle spasms (I think that's what's happening) in my midriff?  I haven't talked with my PS about it.  I just figured it was nerve endings etc.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

ReadyforPlastics
on 4/13/13 6:04 am

I'm so sorry you are going through this!  How awful!

I do know that my PS had my on a muscle relaxant to prevent muscle spasms, although I was only on it for a week.  Please do call your PS and see if they can get a prescription called in for you.  I hope you find some relief soon - hang in there!!

VSG December 2011

Choose gratitude. 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!   Galatians 5:22-23

MyBariatricLife
on 4/13/13 10:13 pm

Can someone tell me how an extended TT is different from a TT? Thank you!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

exohexoh
on 4/14/13 1:41 am - West Chester, PA

i'm sure every surgeon defines it differently, and it depends on the person's body. but i'm having an extended meaning he's going further onto my hips without doing a full lbl

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MyBariatricLife
on 4/14/13 7:29 am

Thank you. I am having a TT and he is goi g to correct my PUFA (mon pubis), and go all the way up to my breast bone and around to the sides of my body to where my apron of my stomach fat ends.

i wish you luck with your recovery!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Kim S.
on 4/15/13 12:33 am - Helena, AL

I was given Valium for the spasms the first two weeks post op.  Every so often I would have them weeks out, and still do on occasion, but not so bad now (surgery was in November). It really is a bizarre feeling!

Most Active