TT and penneculectomy

tgrlnh
on 3/21/14 11:50 am
RNY on 06/05/12

Hi guys & gals,

I lost 205 lbs with my RNY and had 6lbs of skin removed. I had my Surgeries that included a mons lift and liposuction on 3/12. I am asking for a little feed back because I'm a little nervous.

1) did you have a binder? If so, how long did you wear it during the day and in general? 

2) how many days post op did you stop icing?

3) when did the steri strips come off?

I'm either allergic to the binder or the steri strips so I want to stop using them so that I can stop taking benedryl and using cortisone cream. 

Thank You for taking the time to read my post!

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

tgrlnh
on 3/21/14 12:02 pm
RNY on 06/05/12

Sorry, one more question. I look great on my left side, most of my steri strips have fallen off and I am barely swollen. On my right sideI am  extremely swollen and my steri strips are still tight. Did anyone else have this?

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

godzilla
on 3/21/14 5:13 pm - Israel
WOW what a weight-loss!
I was told binder for six weeks; then I had complications and had to wear it for much longer. That being said,TIP: put on a sleeveless T-shirt that is "long" down to your butt and then out the binder on - this will help eliminate chafe itch and need for the Benadryl.
Many have written of swelling by the end of the day so I advise you try to become friends with your binder. My binder was Velcro. So maybe try not to close it as tightly.
Mikimi in Israel
indybuttercup
on 3/25/14 2:18 am - Indianapolis, IN

I lost 300 lbs, had a TT and total body lift 11 days ago. Dr told me on day 7 that i didn't have to wear binder anymore but most patients wanted it on longer for comfort. I am keeping it on so that i can caugh and not want to die:). I do have a white T shirt or pillow case that I have between my body and the binder to stop rash and itching (nurse at hospital passed that gem on). Good Luck and feel better soon!

pineview01
on 3/26/14 6:12 pm - Davison, MI

How awesome.  Did they weigh what they took off?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/14 2:32 am

I have my patients wear an abdominal binder at least two weeks or until the drains are removed. Some people feel better wearing the binder or some supportive girdle longer which doesn't hurt and may help. I normally do not have my patients icing after a TT for I want as much circulation as possible to help with healing. I usually keep the steristrips in place for two weeks-changing them as needed and the have patients use my Scarxtape continuously for at least two months.

Most Active