Thigh Lift

Susiekay
on 3/27/14 4:47 am
RNY on 04/24/12

I know this is not the plastics forum, but I can't figure out how to post on that board......Does anyone here have any experience with a thigh lift.  I really want one, but I've heard the recovery time is very long.  I have NOT had a consultation with a surgeon yet I am just trying to get some advise.  My legs bother me the most, they are ripply and flabby.  I've lost 116 lbs so I guess this is the cost of that.....I feel like when people see me with shorts on, they look at my face and then their eyes go STRAIGHT to my legs.....It may just be me but this is the way I feel. 

Another question:  Is there any other less invasive treatment for the legs????

Thanks for any advice.

jeterway
on 3/27/14 5:42 am

This is the plastics forum.  I have had a thigh lift.  My legs were the thing that bothered me the most so they were at the top of my list.  I have an incision down the inside of my thigh and along the top towards the front.  I did have a complication at a week out but other than dealing with that, recovery wasn't too bad.   The first few days are tough but after that I was able to move around fairly easily.  Pain wasn't too bad either. After a few days I was up and outside walking in the fresh air.  

emelar
on 3/27/14 7:56 am, edited 3/27/14 7:59 am - TX

I'm 24 days out from a long lift - incision from groin to knees.  If you look a little further down the page, you'll see a post from me on my post-op consult, with links to pictures of the incisions. [edited to add link to post:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/5247615/Lon g-Thigh-Lift-2-week-update-and-surgeon-comments/

This surgery has been uneventful.  The incision is very ugly, raised, and ropey, but pretty pain-free.  And they're looking a little better every day.  I'm in compression garments for another 3 weeks.  Came back to work full time (sedentary desk job) on day 13, and could have come back as soon as the drains were pulled at the 7 day mark.

There's a procedure to do a thigh lift with the incision entirely in the groin area, but it's not effective for massive weight loss patients generally.

Some folks need liposuction along with the lift.  But I don't know of anything less invasive that'll give you the results you want.

RobynJC
on 3/28/14 3:22 am

If I can offer any advice it is to do some research on the thigh lift.  Perhaps even go back thru the threads on this board and read the ones relating to thighs.  I just had a thigh lift done last Friday, so I am still a newbie at this, but it is definately an extensive surgery. 

As far as any other less invasive treatments, unfortunately none that I found.  There are some skin tightening procedures (radio frequency, heat treatments that are supposed to stimulate collegen) but the jury is out on those.  I tried the heat treatments for my arms.  Hurt like a SOB, cost about $2500 and didn't do any good.  Not even a little.  The doc I had it done with could only offer more treatments but didn't think that it would help with the degree of laxity I have after losing so much weight. 

Good luck in what ever you decide!

Most Active