Ewwww, fluid post thigh lift

heather_shrinking201

on 9/22/14 11:57 am
VSG on 10/28/13

I'm going back to the Dr. tomorrow to have my swelling checked. I also have incisions in my groin area (from inner thigh lift) that won't stay intact so going to have that checked as well. I feel good, just swollen.  I return to work next week (at 4 weeks post-op) and worry that the swelling will be awful. I'm working from home now in a recliner with my computer next to me. 

heather_shrinking2013

VSG 10/28/2013 - Goal Reached!

TT & Inner Thigh Lift 8/29/14

ravenbrown
on 9/23/14 12:19 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I work from home, and I only took two days off for this surgery because I'm a bonehead.  The groin incisions are the hardest because they have the most tension.  Good luck returning to work!

pineview01
on 9/24/14 1:37 pm - Davison, MI

This is what I asked for based on needing them for the sleeve.  They had to be less than 30 cc.  He says they cause infection and pulled 24 hours which set off the bleeding and no where to go.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ravenbrown
on 9/25/14 12:09 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm sorry for your complications.  That sounds awful.  I didn't have drains for the sleeve, and I had no issues.  I had four drains for the LBL, and one of the drains stayed in for about four weeks until the output was less than 25ccs a day.  I was fine with that.  One drain is a lot easier to hide/deal with than four.  I never had any infection issues with the drains.  I was very careful cleaning them and milking them.

Deb366
on 11/10/14 11:58 pm
Lomercha,

can you say more about your thigh lift? If I have any other work done it will be my thighs but I had a problem lbl that I am still dealing with....(6 years later). Just looking for some info about what is best and maybe costs?

Currently 125  pounds
Dejah H.
on 9/23/14 5:21 am - Central, TX

I had a TT done Aug. 13th, and I will have my arms done in December. I have been thinking of having my inner thighs done as well... is this a common problem for the inner thighs?

Thanks! I hope you get some relief and start to heal quickly!

289 / 273 / 163.4 / 164   10cc AP Standard  my band! 

heather_shrinking201

on 9/23/14 1:29 pm
VSG on 10/28/13

Yes, from what I understand the swelling and difficulty with the healing of the incisions in the groin area is typical. Unfortunate - but not unusual. 

heather_shrinking2013

VSG 10/28/2013 - Goal Reached!

TT & Inner Thigh Lift 8/29/14

ravenbrown
on 9/24/14 1:59 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Yes, it's because the incision is a T shape with a ton of tension.  It's fairly normal for the top/middle of the T to open.  I really honestly had no idea that my recovery would be this rocky.  I do not, in any way, blame my surgeon.  He's fabulous, and this has all been an unfortunate series of events.  I will get better.  He is closely monitoring me, but I really, really just want to be healed so I can go work out and burn off some of this frustration.  And, to top it off, I broke a toe last night.  I need a vacation!  :)

vsg_joanna
on 9/24/14 2:38 am

Do you think you'll post pictures? I'm having a lbl + al + bl on Nov 11th and then a thigh lift 6 months from then... and I would love to see your progress!!!!

ravenbrown
on 9/24/14 3:55 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Definitely, but not until my left leg is completely infection free. I really don't want photographic evidence of this part of recovery :)

Most Active