Upper body lift (back) update!

breathemusic
on 3/22/16 11:34 am

I'll probably add some pics later tonight or tomorrow once i get to change the bandages for the first time.

So yesterday was surgery day. Got to the hospital at 5:30 and had surgery at 7:30.  I took a bikini top so between trying that on and my normal bra, Dr. Michaels worked on his mark-up to try and make sure that as much of the scar as possible would be hidden by my bra strap!  I haven't actually seen the incision myself since the bandages haven't come off, but the pain really hasn't been that bad.  It's still enough that I'm taking the Rx pain killers, but mainly because I still have to sit back against the couch on my back, and I still sleep on my back, so I just find them helpful.  Also, no drains!

The surgery wasn't that bad, about 3ish hours, and that included some lipo on my mid/lower back just to help smooth everything out.  Apparently doing the lipo also just helps loosen the skin in that area so that it can get the most pull for a nice tight fit and maximize how much excess skin he can remove!  I am actually able to see some of the bruising from that since it's below where my bandages end.

I didn't come home in any sort of special garment.  Just several ace bandages wrapped around my chest.  Holy cow are the ladies squished in there!  Once the ace bandages come off I just picked up a compression tank top to wear since the doc said that a bra would still feel like it was going to dig too much along the incision, probably even a sports bra if the edge of the bra was near the incision.

So really, I'm still waiting to see how it looks myself, but as for how it feels?  Piece of cake compared to the last round of surgeries!  I'm up and moving around and feel pretty dang good.  I tire a tad easily, but that seems to be more because of the anesthesia wearing off.

I'll post more in the next few days as I get pics and continue to heal!

NYMom222
on 3/22/16 8:02 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was thinking about you today and wondering how it all went. So I am glad you posted. I have my one month follow up with Dr Michaels next Tuesday and I guess pre-op for May surgery.

I am 3 weeks out as of yesterday, my how time flies.... those first days are a blur...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

breathemusic
on 3/23/16 4:38 pm

Pics added to my profile of the upper body lift. Those pics were taken only 1 day after surgery so you can still see all the marker, glue, and bruising from the lipo, but so far so good! I'll post another round once the glue is off and it's down to just skin and scar! 

NYMom222
on 3/27/16 1:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

When I go to your profile, I see the other PS photos, but not the upper body lift....

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

breathemusic
on 3/27/16 4:25 pm

Fixed!!  I hope to have another round up in a week or so when all the glue is gone. 

NYMom222
on 3/27/16 4:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Tomorrow is my 4 weeks, and I see him Tuesday. Post op one month, and pre-op for Arms and BL on May 2nd.... Excited to see him Tuesday, hopefully all is good...

Save

Save

Most Active