MD/DC Area Plastic Surgeon for Neck Lift/Face Lift?

ipray
on 3/30/16 6:33 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Hello, I know that many of you have recommended Dr. Michael's in the DC area for Body work.  I actually need Face/Neck work.  Is there anybody that you would recommend in the area?  Thank you!

NYMom222
on 3/30/16 6:23 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I would still go see Dr. Michaels for that as well. He is amazing. He gave me a quote on some chin/neck work. I chose not to have it done right now. Had LBL and hernia repair with him 2/29 and May 2nd BL and Arm Lift.

I travel from NY to see him, actually was there yesterday... as I was driving home and stuck in NYC traffic for hours, I was thinking...still worth the trip.

Whatever you choose, I would include a consultation with him in the mix. If you look at reviews - here- google+, facebook, wherever- it is not all just LBL... and I always see 5 stars....

Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ipray
on 3/31/16 9:25 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you so much for your reply!  That is what I needed (and wanted) to hear!  Without putting you on the spot, I was previously quoted $11,000.00 from another plastic surgeon in the area for a neck lift and some fat injections to the lines around my mouth.  I thought this was a bit high.  If you don't mind sharing, was your quote for neck and chin work higher or lower?  Thanks again!!! 

NYMom222
on 3/31/16 5:50 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It was lower.... I don't remember the exact quote. We didn't talk about any fat injections. After having 5 different plastic surgery consults before my decision to chose Dr. Michaels... I can tell you even though you are talking about the same surgery each Doc has a little different take on what they feel is important and how to accompli**** It is an Art as well as a Science... Tell Dr. Michaels Cynthia on OH recommended him... LOL...

After my first 3 consultations came in so high...I didn't think I would ever get anything done. The last 2 were finally in a range I expected... and obviously Dr. Michaels was one of those.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ipray
on 4/1/16 9:53 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you so much!  Gives me hope.  I will certainly mention you and OH when I have a consult.  Have a great weekend!

Crazeru
on 4/12/16 5:42 pm

I think Dr Sauceda in Mexico is $6500 for a facelift, mine was neck, mid-face, upper and lower lids.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line, we have a group here on OH.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/15/16 2:31 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I've met with 2 drs about neck/face lift.  After looking into it, I wanted a board certified FACIAL plastic surgeon.  They only work on the face.  I suggest you consult with at least one of these dr before you select. 

What I learned -

1- How a surgeon treats the tragus is a good indicator of their skill.  The tragus is the little thing that sticks out of the ear towards your cheek.  Reg plastic surgeons take the inscision up the cheek side of the tragus and say the scar is hidden in your wrinkles.  The facial guys hide the scar on the inside of the ear, making the inscison on the underflap of the tragus.  Look at their photos for how they do it.  

2 - How they do the scar in the back of the ear - should be high on the ear so you can wear you hair in a ponytail with no visible scar. The scar goes tight against the back of the ear and is hidden by the ear.  Some drs short cut the procedure and make the scar at the lower part of the ear and you see the scar as it goes from the ear to the hairline.

3-How they make the inscision at your sideburns - so the hair will regrow.

4 - MAYBE THE MOST IMPORTANT - Some NYC surgeons - Dr. Prasad - do all surgeries under local with IV sedation - no general anesthesia - much faster recovery time. I would prefer this but  I don't think mine will do this anesthesia, but I am still talking about it. 

Let me know what else you find.

Sharon

Most Active