NY teaching hospital for plastic surgery???

Suevsg
on 10/6/16 4:23 am

hi peeps,

I am thinking about plastic surgery, now at goal weight.  Had a couple consults and I just cant swing the amounts.  I was told about using a teaching hospital and NY was the #1 place that came up.  I looked at Boston too, but for some reason NY was higher rated.  I don't mind flying to save thousands.  

anyone use NY teaching hospital for plastic surgery?  If so which one?  I guess Lennox hill, NYEE, Mt Siani.....etc  When is the best time to go?  they cycle the residents every 3 months?

Could you please share your experience and what you had?  Would you do it again?  I have heard some great things about teaching hospitals (well lennox hill anyway)

thanks for any info!!!!

Sue

NYMom222
on 10/7/16 3:45 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My Doctor - who had amazing training...had to because he is an amazing Plastic Surgeon. Trained at NYU and did a special fellowship in body contouring at University of Pittsburgh.He is young but the young ones know all the latest techniques...LOL I would check both of them out as well.

He was in the NY Times at end of August/beginning of September for doing surgery on the Former 'world's heaviest man' Paul Mason. He and a team of his Doc friends did it at Lenox Hill Hospital.

I traveled to DC for my surgeries... no regrets.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

MyBariatricLife
on 10/8/16 8:52 pm

There is a patient by the name of Jeterway that had her surgery done at UPenn. She is thrilled with her results and her plastic surgeon seemed top notch to me. I forget her doctor's name, but you should be able to search for threads by her on this forum. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active