Fleur de lis TT

joanne0658
on 4/27/17 9:10 am

June 16th will be here before I know it and I'm slightly freaking out about the upcoming surgery. I'm taking off from work between June 15th and returning on July 10th.

Advice, suggestions, encouragement would be completely appreciated.

Yes, I need the breasts and arms and thighs and buttocks done too but it's not in the stars financially . . . so the most desperate need is my abdomen. Besides, at almost 59 no one sees me sans clothing except hubby and docs, and the latter I pay to look . . . . .

Joanne

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

joanne0658
on 4/29/17 7:47 am

wow . . . . 0 advice . . . .

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

christinerocks
on 4/29/17 12:30 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hi there!!

GOOD FOR YOU for going forward with your Fleur de Lis - there are several folks on here who've had it with excellent results. Who cares if no one sees your lovely flat tummy - you'll see it and I know you'll feel great.

I just started my consult process so I have zero advice but I wanted to at least offer encouragement. I'm 55 so we're in the same age group. I'm going to get prices on the works (TT, Thigh lift, breast lift) and then, make my decision. Like you, a TT of some sort is my top priority though - I am so so tired of the shapewear! I would also like to wear a 2 piece suit with confidence.

Congratulations on scheduling the surgery - keep us posted!!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

joanne0658
on 4/29/17 5:33 pm

thank you for the encouragement. definitely will post before and after . . . . . getting super tense about it as my help (and i have 3 dogs and a cat) will be my 80 y/o mom and 86 y/o hubby. should be interesting :)

Leslie W.
on 4/29/17 5:20 pm - Cobourg, Canada

HD dsl 7th. Best advice get high toilet seat and fo nothing. It takes time to heal. Walk to prevent fat. Otherwise be kind to your body. Wear compression garments to prevent seromas. Take pain meds and prevent constipation.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
joanne0658
on 4/29/17 5:46 pm

thank you so much for the advice. i've scrolled and read tons here on the recovery process. i do feel like my surgery is super minor compared to all of you brave people who've had multi-procedures done.

i did purchase a toilet seat thing and a seat for the bath. have been stocking up on premier protein (has anyone tried the clear?). should i use miralax or will diluted prune juice do the trick? we have a lift recliner. is an anti-gravity chair better?

i look at other people's stats at my height and i feel like a fatty (it doesn't help that it seems EVERYTHING is dropping and drooping even though i haven't gained any weight). my face gets to drawn and weird if i go below 149. wish i had tons more time to take off and money. even with all of the EXTREME sag, i don't seem to have stretch marks. i'm slightly scared that the tt will just accentuate the rest of my flaws.

just needed to vent. hubby is an angel but i don't like to worry him with my concerns.

vent over. yay tt!

nancy6
on 5/1/17 1:46 pm - Tacoma, WA

Hi, Joanne - I don't have a lot of advice at this point, but just wanted to encourage you as we have similarities. I'm 60 and am also short (4' 10"). I will be having PS 3 weeks from today. I'm going all out - having the lower body lift, arm lift and breast lift with augmentation all in one surgery. There will be 2 plastic surgeons doing the surgery which is why they are able to do it all at once. I consulted with 4 doctors and chose the one who could do all the procedures at once as I didn't want to have to go through multiple surgeries, recoveries, etc. I'll be done about 3 weeks before your surgery so maybe I'll have some advice before your date.

I know what you mean about not wanting to worry your hubby with your concerns. I feel the same way - mine doesn't understand the whole weight loss and plastic surgery thing and feels like once the decision is made, it's not a big deal. But with all I've read on here and on realself, I am concerned. But also excited about the changes. I don't post a lot, but do read a lot of the suggestions here and on realself. I also am looking forward to my preop visit next Monday to get the doctor's instructions for what to do before. I'm renting a power lift chair and I think that will be OK. Sounds like you already have one so I think you should be OK. I've heard that an OTC stool softener like Miralax or Colace is recommended. I don't know if prune juice would be enough. I just know that I don't want to have to strain at all if possible post-surgery, at least for a couple weeks.

The saggy, baggy skin is horrible and I'm very excited to get it taken care of and I'm sure you feel the same way. I think the arms are the worst for me as they are so visible to everyone. I chose to do a breast augmentation with the lift as the PS said there just isn't much breast tissue left. I've spent most of my life with large breasts and just didn't think I'd adjust well to being flat chested. I'm not getting large implants, just enough to look natural and so my clothes will look OK.

I wish you all the best in this journey. Take care.

~Nancy~

joanne0658
on 5/2/17 8:54 am

omg . . . so happy for you. can't wait to read about your adventure. three weeks away is almost here!!!!!

wish i could get more done (especially the breasts because i hate bras and have to wear one all of the time now with the flappers i have) but there's just not the time off, time in general and money for it. not whining . . . just the facts. the lift chair i have is the one i purchased for hubby . . plus we do have two outdoor anti-gravity chairs (i used one after my vsg).

nancy6
on 5/2/17 2:19 pm - Tacoma, WA

For sure - the saggy breasts that I have to roll up to put in a bra are the worst!!! At least that's how I feel about the ones I have! There are so many areas that bug me that I couldn't just decide on one so am biting the bullet (financially and otherwise) to just get it done. I know that my inner thighs are a problem as well, but we'll see if I do that at some point in the future. I'm not much of a shorts wearer as it is because I'm very pale, but the thighs are very jiggly... I totally understand the time and $$ investment and hopefully if you want to get more PS done, you'll be able to do it at a later date. I'm just spending my kids' inheritance!! Not all of it, of course, but a good chunk!! But I've got a few years left to work so am hopeful to replace it before too long.

It is getting close (and real) now so I'm a bit anxious. I'm not scared of surgery, but more apprehensive about the recovery and how the scars will ultimately turn out. Hopefully the recovery will be easier than I'm expecting!!

Sounds like you are pretty well prepared and I'm sure your surgeon will give you lots of pre-op instructions as well. At least that's what I'm hoping for me - I have my pre-op appt. next Monday. Got the lab work done yesterday so will be interested in how that turns out.

Take care and before we know it, we'll have flat tummies again!

~Nancy~

joanne0658
on 5/2/17 4:15 pm

i can't wait to get it done. please keep me posted on your progress.

here's to flat tummies and gentle healing!!!

jo

Most Active