Day 58 post-op (leg lift - thighs/calves, minor LBL revision)

Gwen M.
on 1/3/18 10:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It seems like a while since I've made an update.

Initially, I was using three sections of bandaging on each leg plus one section at the groin crease on each side. I'm now down to one section on my lower right leg and just one section for my groin on the left side. So I'm down from 8 to 2! Woo! The spots at the left side of my groin and the lower right leg are still a little oozy, but much more shallow than they had been. An end is in sight.

I'm finally starting to work on getting back to moving and exercising. I've done yoga for the last three days. I'd be going for walks outside as well but it's just too damned cold.

My incisions are healing, but there are some blood blister looking places along the incision line. I know those will diminish in time. I'm super thrilled with the results so far - if I look at pictures from pre-op and now I can see a huge difference.

I'm completely self-sufficient including garmenting and bandaging myself - those were the last two things to come.

I feel like I'm now at the point where I can begin regaining my stamina, flexibility, and fitness. It sucks since I've been pretty sedentary for the last 7 months - since my first reconstructive surgery. I know it's going to be a hard road ahead. This morning I had a hell of a time talking myself into going to yoga class, my first since June. I thought "but why go to class when I know I won't be able to do everything?" But then I remembered, "You know, you could barely do anything when you started in May 2014 either. You'll never improve from where you are now if you don't start again."

So I went.

I truly feel like I'm going to be okay and that I'll get back to where I was and go beyond. There were times during this recent surgery recovery that I doubted this. I know I've still got swelling and healing left to do, I'd say I'm probably around 80-85%. I've also got a long way to go with getting to know this new body of mine. I'm feeling up to these challenges!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Librarian67
on 1/3/18 3:00 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks for the update, Gwen. I am glad that you are finally able to do some yoga and move your body more. It will help in the long run.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active