airbender’s Posts

airbender
on 3/17/18 9:55 pm
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy
On March 16, 2018 at 1:12 AM Pacific Time, Poohzaz wrote:

hello,

i was approved for Panniculectomy but my surgeon wants me to check with a cosmetic surgeon about a full tummy tuck before choosing this route. Has anyone ever done a panniculectomy and then years later had any more work done to your upper abdomen? She made it sound like if I do the panniculectomy, it done and nothing else can be done ever. I'm not saying I'll want it but she thinks I won't be happy with just the panniculectomy as it'll leave me with a good size muffin top. I just want to explore this a little because I want to choose the panniculectomy but maybe later tighten up the upper abdomen.

I would wait till you could have a full TT done, ask the surgeon if he/she will just let you pay the difference. and no "nothing else can be done ever"...is incorrect...

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

airbender
on 2/16/18 8:16 am
Topic: RE: Southern Florida facelift, necklift surgeon recommendations please

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing great!!! I would like to get a lower facelift-a neck lift. Could I have some recommendations for Ft Myers, Naples, etc that area?

thanks so much

airbender
on 9/28/17 7:22 am
Topic: RE: Insurance approval

excellent congrats on your weight loss....

there are peer reviewed journals that state the the higher the bmi drop (since 300 lbs would be different for a 6'7" man than a 5'0" female) the greater the skin laxity (one journal was specific for RNY and DS patients)---so yes to your question

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

airbender
on 9/28/17 7:18 am
Topic: RE: Freaking out, thinking of cancelling brachioplasty. Need input, please.

to a certain extent if you didnt worry about surgery I would think there was something wrong. You do get to a point you decide if it is worth it. it is surgery, all surgery carries risks. if you do a search on aspirin you would never take any, and at this point in time, aspirin would not be accepted by the FDAs requirements. just examples

Yes i would do my arms at the same time, keep in mind i dont have any pics, how much they bother you etc. but the other stuff....no that is just surgical complication can happen to anyone anytime (medial thighs are high)

just relax, get quiet with yourself. take care of yourself etc....I would do it at the same time.....

good luck in your journey

airbender
on 9/7/17 5:00 pm
Topic: RE: Rashes and Insurance Help!

congratulations on your breast reduction approval!! (breast reduction and breast lift are very different procedures, I am sure your plastic surgeon got a breast reduction approved which is rather simple to get approved for a plastic surgeon since it is simply based on volume reduction)

there are a few inconsistencies with your post....

whoever appeals an adverse decision, (in your case you state the plastic surgeon did) is responsible for making sure all pictures, letters of medical necessity, operative reports, medications, chart notes, peer reviewed journals etc are attached to the appeal.

what does your subscriber agreement state? what is their definition of medical necessity in the subscriber agreement? what is the appeals process? what did the letter of medical necessity you got from your dermatologist state? what did the letter of medical necessity from your pcp state?

whoever told you your surgeon is only able to appeal one time, doesn't understand the appeals process, or just plain lied to you, that statement is false. your appeal(s) can be appealed by you or anyone else you appoint, and not just the first one. I would never have a plastic surgeon appeal in my behalf, they are not equipped with the amount of time and research that is necessary to appeal this.

you state that your dermatologist didn't send in the information? it is your responsibility to make sure this goes (the person who appeals, if you gave that right to someone else, your plastic surgeon, it is their responsibility...see why you never have a ps appeal on your behalf) be very careful who you give the authority to appeal. know your subscriber agreement, read it from start to finish, know what medical necessity is, know the exclusions, and adhere to your time tables around when you can appeal. keep reading and learning. I wish you well in your journey to get healthy

airbender
on 3/22/17 3:07 pm
Topic: RE: Total US Centric Question - Tax Deductions

yes you can deduct PS cost after massive weight loss, since ....obesity is a disease

and yes I have deducted it off my taxes

airbender
on 2/23/17 8:21 pm
Topic: RE: In-house Financing Mommy Makeover

as Laura said, I would look into your hernia repair, and I would want a bariatric surgeon to perform that not a ps.  your insurance should pay for a hernia repair, get that done first.  In the meantime you can save extra for your tt when it comes time for that.  Look for  board certified PS that perform the procedure in a certified surgical suite as the fees would be less than in a hospital.

good luck on your journey to become healthy

airbender
on 2/23/17 8:16 pm
Topic: RE: Fed BC/BS Approved for Panni & Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasti) !!! SURGERY TOMORROW!!!! ADVICE???

congratulations!!  sounds like you have everything ready to go, that's a great list of food, I would just add maybe eggs and potatoes for mashed potatoes -yes carbs but post surgery sometimes it is very soothing,  and the cleaning and laundry is up to date....it's like delivery

try to rest as much as possible (I had a LBL not abdominoplasty) and keep your legs up as much as possible with frequent light walking, every hour or so walk for 5-10 minutes increasing without getting swell hell.....as much as you can, don't overdo it

don't lift anything heavy including children

you will most likely walk over stooped, like an 85 yr old  for 3-4 weeks (well for a LBL I did)

it took me about 3 months for about 80% to be resolved

I went down 1 dress size I was a 2 down to a size 0

Just a question, or concern that your abdominoplasty is being performed post BL+BA I would be concerned especially for inframammary fold being displaced laterally.  Ask your PS

wishing you a fast easy and great recovery

airbender
on 10/17/16 9:59 am
Topic: RE: Loose skin removal - is it covered under insurance?

you live in CA, then your PS is covered under CA law, you don't have to worry about functional impairments or anything like that......

airbender
on 10/6/16 2:56 pm
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy vs Tummy Tuck (need help)

find another Plastic surgeon, it is customary to perform a TTuck (you pay the difference) at the same time, it should not be that much more, some with not charge extra.

Try a teaching hospital

airbender
on 5/4/16 4:56 pm
Topic: RE: 14 week update LBL, Arms and Breasts with Dr. Capella

congrats, no it is normal for scars to get darker up to about 6 months, then lighten and since Dr Joe uses a pucker stitch....the incision will be very small and difficult to find in about 18 months at full maturity

airbender
on 4/4/15 11:21 pm
Topic: RE: looking for plastic surgeon NY/NJ

Dr Joseph Capella in NJ and NY

airbender
on 4/1/15 10:05 am
Topic: RE: Skin Removal for Lap Band grad with high BMI

Dr Joseph Capella in NY and NJ, he offers a free consultation also, go on his website his work is amazing

airbender
on 3/29/15 4:15 am
Topic: RE: Warfarin and Plastic Surgery

I agree with what Dr L said, and sounds like you have Factor V Leiden mutation, the most common inherited form of thrombophilia.  Yes,  since you are hypercoaguable you do have an increased risk, with all surgeries performed, not just plastic surgery.   Within that mutation there are heterozygous and heterozygous patterns, depending on your genentic make up your surgeon can decide on safety of surgery, along with age, gender, overall health, smoking, etc.  Make sure you have a good hematologist.  Your hematologist and plastic surgeon should work together to manage your mutation to have a good surgical outcome.  Switching to injectibles may be an option. 

airbender
on 3/29/15 4:01 am
Topic: RE: swelling after belt lipectomy

you are only 3 days post LBL, you are very swollen PO 7 days is the worse, it will gradually diminish the bulk will be gone by 3 weeks, but still have quite a bit at 6 weeks, and so on,  don't overdo it or the swelling immediately comes back.  It will be a few months till all the swelling is gone.

airbender
on 3/24/15 11:02 am
Topic: RE: Fleur de lis TT before OR after breast reduction?

you should have your LBL done first, as this has the potential to change your inframammary fold position.  the amount of time between surgeries, is for the most part surgeon and patient preference.  some have them performed days apart.  I would wait till you LBL is healed-at least 6 month, then have your bleast reduction, then they can make any small revisions at the same time

airbender
on 3/21/15 8:00 am
Topic: RE: How is thigh and arm lift recovery compared to lower body lift

LBL was the worse for me, wow you don't quite appeciate pain till you have had this done.   Arm lift and breast was nothing, thigh lift (incision down to knees) was the worse after LBL.  You will be ok, make sure you pick a reputable board certified plastic surgeon, who is familiar will post bariatic patients.  Good luck with your tansfomation

airbender
on 7/30/13 8:12 pm
Topic: RE: Binder/Compression Recommendations?

Mirena is the best, just make sure you purchase the correct garment for your stage PO

airbender
on 6/9/11 2:26 pm
Topic: RE: 2 weeks post LBL with butt augmentation pics
you look wonderful so early out, the aug is incredible, wow.  who did your ps if you don't mind?    congrats to you.....
airbender
on 5/28/11 8:41 pm
Topic: RE: Breast explantation
explant=removal of breat implants to answer the poster above, yes I have, pretty much any dr who puts them in will take them out
Most Active