Has anyone with PCOS not lost weight after WLS?

jonesylaine
on 6/22/12 12:11 am - ID
Just an update - had surgery 5/8/12, dropped 20 lbs in 3 weeks, then got period and have stalled since. Started another period today. Hopefully when this cycle ends, I'll start dropping weight again. My nutritionist is unhappy that I'm not exercising an hour/day 6x/week and says I'm losing too slowly. My eating is good, but this is frustrating. Thinking of starting on metformin again to see if it helps since it was the only way I didn't gain before. I'm discouraged but trying to stay positive.
NewtoYou
on 7/15/12 12:58 am
VSG on 09/10/12
Good for you for staying positive!  

Any updates?

want2b
on 8/23/12 9:14 pm - Brownstown, IN
RNY on 03/06/12
 I to have PCOS, My surgery was march 6th, 2012. As of now i am 6 months post op. I have lost 101.5 pounds, and thats having exteme PCOS symptoms, so looing the weight can be done. I will loose steady for a week or so then platue for a week or so and back and forth, but I do loose the weight. At the time of my surgery, i had been on my mentrual cycle for 8 months straight, yes you read that right!!! about 3 weeks after my surgery i stopped briefly for about a week, then started again and still going to this day!. I just this week went to my doctor about it and he is doing some blood work, and then getting me into a obgyn. I have an obgyn, but I honestly try to avoid him because he tell me he wants me to have a histerectomy or an ablasion. which i really don't want to do just yet, because of hopes of having 1 more baby. I have 1 biological and adopted 3, but was hoping that if I had the surgery, lost the weight, decreased my pocs symptoms that I would have a better chance of getting pregnant again. my obgyn had me on metaphormin 1500mg a day and it did not touch my syptoms at all!.  hope this helps and I wish you the best!

jonesylaine
on 8/23/12 9:47 pm - ID
 Thanks!  Very impressed with your weight loss!  I'm down about 32-35 lbs, but inches are dropping well too.  The first 20 lbs dropped off quickly, then I stalled for 3.5 weeks, then picked up losing again.  Slow and steady for me, but I'm still losing.  Definitely finding that sleep makes a huge difference in how I lose.  Thanks for letting me know about your progress.  I appreciate it and figure that more women like us might have the same fears and want to see how we're doing.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1059 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views