Slower weight loss with PCOS?

sutherngrl94
on 6/20/12 3:41 am - Raleigh, NC
I had VSG almost 2 months ago and while I am down about 40 pounds (which is great) I was wondering if anyone had problems with their weightloss slowing down after a while.  If so, how long did it take for your loss to slow? 

cutekatie
on 6/20/12 10:50 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
I find my weight loss is a lot slower then other people my size and height.

But... I do remember reading that VSG surgery you lose the weight slower because your body is still absorbing a lot of the food. whereas with RNY it's a bit faster.

It also depends on your starting weight.  I'm 228 right now and when I asked on my regional group that I wasn't losing fast enough I was told that I was a lightweight.  If you are 300 - 400 pounds you will lose a lot faster.

Katie

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

PoohHag
on 7/13/12 4:00 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 I had my VSG about 5 weeks ago.  I've lost 20 pounds since then.  I really feel that my PCOS and hormones are slowing me down.  I've had 2 periods since surgery!  I'm also a grouchy bear about half the time.  I'm hoping things will settle down, but I guess it's just the continuing curse of PCOS.

I'm trying extra hard now to eliminate the carbs, since I know we're more sensitive.  Hoping that helps.

NewtoYou
on 7/15/12 12:27 am
VSG on 09/10/12
I have not had my VSG yet, but am in 4 weeks. I was told forthright thta women with PCOS have a more difficult time losing, so where a   "normal" person might lose 60% someone with PCOS might be more likely to lose 45%, it will be more difficult and take longer.  Also more difficult to maintain, you will have to be more diligent. 

I am glad I was told this ahead of time, so I won't be disappointed when the time comes.  

Good luck ladies!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2998 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3610 views