Weight gain

Sharon B.
on 5/19/09 3:54 am - Brooklyn, NY
Revision on 11/21/11 with
I am sure this has been discussed previously buy I am new to this message board, having hung out at the Lap band board all these years I just found this one.

I am 20 weeks pregnant. I have had a band for 3 years and have been maintaining my weight for about 1 year.

I started this pregnancy at 159 and now I have gained about 4 pounds this pregnancy. Its my 6th pregnancy and my first one post band. In all my other pregnancies I gained 50-60 pounds and then some. So I am in unchartered territory here.

I would love to hear from other "losers" particularly Bandsters that had healthy normal pregnancies gaining minimally.

I dont want to loosen the band because I know that I am capable of putting on 30 to 40 pounds if I do.

Of course my first priority is a healthy baby but if I can manage healthy baby AND skinny mommy at the same time........

vwilliams
on 5/19/09 4:16 am
Well I am not a bandster but 4 pounds at 20 weeks sounds damn good to me. I have an unusual situation as I have "Binge Eating Disorder" therefore have trouble keeping a straight frame of mind. I don't see any portion as normal and keep eating. I keep using my pregnancy as eat everything I want to excuse. I did with my daughter and gained 70 pounds. Granted I did lose it but it was freaking hell!! I starved and was mean most of the time. I am having trouble again this time keeping the weight down, I am 29 weeks and gained 35 pounds. I maintained at 180 for years only because I would binge, starve, binge, starve I run a vicous cycle which I have just started to finally get help for. Good Luck you seem to be doing just fine.
tripmom02
on 5/19/09 6:01 am - NJ
I am a bander, I have gained 15 lbs since the start of this pregnancy BUT I gained it all in the first 10 weeks and have not gained a pound since, infact at my last appointment I had lost a pound. My goal is to stay under 25 lbs gained for the whole pregnancy, but i am not going to stress about it if I go over. Beauty of the lapband, you can lose it again when its all over! Good luck with everything and keep us posted about your journey! It's nice to have other banders around who are in about the same place with their pregnancy!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

RiahG
on 5/19/09 9:34 am - WA
I am a lapbander too.  I am almost 18 weeks (tomorrow to be exact!) and I have gained 10 pounds.  I am actually struggling a bit because I got very sick in the beginning and had to have a hefty unfill.  The morning sickness was really aggravating the band so I had no choice - I was miserable. 

Anyway, I have gained all the weight in the last 5 weeks so that freaks me out.  I am trying to take it day by day.  I am praying that I'll still manage to gain at a healthy rate instead of an accelerated one. 

Good luck to you.  Sounds like you are doing great!

Love, Riah

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1245 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1324 views