Need your opinion/advice. Clomid side effects.

Cathie N.
on 4/4/11 10:59 pm - Augusta, GA

Today is CD 5 and so far i'm two days into taking 100mg of Clomid. Since day 1 on the larger dose of Clomid i've had to alternate between Zofran and Phenergan for nauseau, my typical monthly migraine is in overdrive, i'm getting no relief from my migraine RX (Relpax) and the pain and pressure in my abdomen (and bottom) has gotten worse since 2am! It's actually getting hard to get into a sitting position.

I had some of these symptoms on the last day of my final round of Clomid 50mg but just dealt with it. I'm NOT taking todays dose!

Has anyone else has bad side effects from Clomid? Is this "normal?" At what point do I call my OB or do I just wait and see since it went away last time? This sucks!

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks y'all!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

tripmom02
on 4/4/11 11:08 pm - NJ
 Call your doc, this sounds like it could be overstimulation, especially if you are having pain in your abdominal area.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Jennifer Q.
on 4/5/11 12:09 am - Newton, NJ
 Call your Dr.  When I was on the 100mg they told me if I had symptoms like that to call.  Best of luck to you.  Feel better.

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Cathie N.
on 4/5/11 12:46 am - Augusta, GA
Thanks!! I figured I needed to call but sometimes I feel like my intolerance to Clomid pales in comparison to some of the other "more serious" issues my OB has to deal with.

I called and now just waiting on the Nurse to call me back ...

Hopefully he'll call something in to knock this migraine out! Until then taking my Boo to see "HOP".

"CoCo" 

Jennifer Q.
on 4/5/11 9:53 am - Newton, NJ
 Just thinking of you.  Hope you heard back from them.  

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
MusicMaryn
on 4/5/11 10:12 am - San Jose, CA
No real experience on Clomid for me.  But i did wanna say YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  I'm glad you didn't give up! 
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Cathie N.
on 4/5/11 11:46 pm - Augusta, GA
Aww thanks!! Let me just say "thank goodiness for therapy!" .. LOL

The on-call OB said I (obviously) can't tolerate 100mg of Clomid and for me to stop all together this cycle and get with my regular OB next week to discuss other options.

I'm still feeling alot of pressure and still fighting this migraine but today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today.   

"CoCo" 

Sara S.
on 4/6/11 3:46 am
I would ask for them to give you FEMARA. Clomid is harsh on the body. Femara is gentler.
  Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views