Lower back pain

cass2399
on 4/17/11 12:55 am - Sabattus, ME
So last night I was sitting on the couch and my lower back started hurting really bad, almost like a muscle spasm and it started radiating around to the side and front of my lower abdomen, only on the left  side.  After about half an hour it stopped.  I went to bed and when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I got back in bed and rolled over and it started up again on the left side, for maybe about a half an hour then I was finally able to go back to sleep.  It has now started up again.  Any idea what it could be?  Is it something I should go to the ER for or what?  Thanks all.

Cassidy
chrissyemerald
on 4/17/11 12:59 am - Canada
 Lots of women have back labour...I dont personally know what it feels like, but my back pain is nothing like that!
cass2399
on 4/17/11 1:04 am - Sabattus, ME
I had back labor with my daughter but that was 12 years ago and I honestly don't remember it.  This pain almost brought me to tears last night.
chrissyemerald
on 4/17/11 3:58 am - Canada
 I would definately go to the ER then to be on the safe side. If it's that bad, I wouldn't put anything to chance!
PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/17/11 4:12 am
Any update? Did you go to the ER? How are you feeling. Hope all is well.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

cass2399
on 4/17/11 5:04 am - Sabattus, ME
I have not gone to the ER. As of now, the pain has not come back but if it does, I will be going. I will let you all know.
Jennifer Q.
on 4/17/11 8:16 am - Newton, NJ
 When I was pregnant with my son I had back pain from about 22 weeks on.  The doctor said he was sitting on my nerve and it would bring me to tears when it happened!! Sometimes my husband would have to literally pull be out of bed and I would be crying and crawl on my hands and knees until it would go away.  Hope you feel better.  ~Jen

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
gwen41539
on 4/17/11 9:48 pm - kimper, KY
sometimes they do lie on a nerve and it can cause severe pain my dd back in 1996 had me bed ridden for a few weeks she was a big baby though she was 9lbs even when she was born :) sending hopes and prayers that everything is A ok hang in there we are here for u....

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

windowsdown
on 4/18/11 2:56 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
My girlfriend had severe back pain during her pregnancy.  It was her sciatic  nerve.  It brought her to tears and had her taking over 30min to get from the parking lot of her job to her desk.  Her OB/GYN sent her to a physical therapist who helped her with streches to relieve the pain-SHE SWORE BY THIS THERAPY and said if it wasn't for the PT then she wouldn't have made it through the pregnancy.  BTW- she had 8.5lb twins each!!!
Hope you feel better and if it is your sciatic nerve def. look into some form of PT.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views