Those TTC - Instead softcup

kanesmom
on 5/24/11 5:28 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Okay, I've been reading a lot on the internet trying to figure out SOMETHING for my period days. An update for those who don't know: Since having my one and only most precious little boy in November, I can't keep a tampon in, and/or I leak around it (sorry TMI). No matter how often or how many kegels I do (husband says those muscles are working fine).

Anywho--in my reading about the Instead Softcups, I see that several women have used them in their quest to become mommies. Those of you TTC maybe should Google this. Never hurts to try. Walmart sells them for about $7 for a box of 12.

Oh-- I tried one with this period. No luck, but I'm not sure I inserted it quite right either. I put it back where I thought it was supposed to go and an hour or so later thought I'd check the placement (I couldn't feel it at all) and when I put my finger up there, it was RIGHT THERE!!! Wonder it didn't just fall out!!! UGH! Can't wait til next month....:(

Good luck and much sticky, glittery baby dust to all who are TTC!!

Kina

RNY 08/16/05
Weight day of surgery 222
Lost 100 pounds in about 10 months

Pre-pregnancy weight 126
Delivery day weight 166
Currently 118
Baby Gage born 11/02/10
plusizedbarbie
on 5/24/11 5:42 am - Manahawkin, NJ
what about doubling up on pads like after birth?? sorry you are going through that.  my periods got 100x's worse after Sage. 
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

kanesmom
on 5/24/11 6:05 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
My periods aren't really worse than before, it just seems like nothing will stay in there where it's supposed to!

I HATE the thought of pads, let alone more than one. One person in the house on diapers is enough!! LOL

Personally, I think it sucks even having a period since I got my tubes tied. What's the point?

RNY 08/16/05
Weight day of surgery 222
Lost 100 pounds in about 10 months

Pre-pregnancy weight 126
Delivery day weight 166
Currently 118
Baby Gage born 11/02/10
Kimberly129
on 5/24/11 6:28 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
On May 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time, kanesmom wrote:
My periods aren't really worse than before, it just seems like nothing will stay in there where it's supposed to!

I HATE the thought of pads, let alone more than one. One person in the house on diapers is enough!! LOL

Personally, I think it sucks even having a period since I got my tubes tied. What's the point?

Have you ever thought about a partial hysterectomy?  i believe that way you don't have periods but you still have your ovaries and fallopian tubs so you don't have to take the hormones, i could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how my mother did it.  Just a thought
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

tripmom02
on 5/24/11 6:54 am - NJ
 I am telling you, try the Diva, you won't go back. They make one specifically for mothers who have had children (which changes the shape of your insides), it's not cheap but when I think about how much I spent on pads before I got mine it seems like a very small amount to spend. I have been using the same one for five years and it is not showing any signs of needing to be replaced!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

plusizedbarbie
on 5/24/11 8:58 am - Manahawkin, NJ
I'll ask you Courtney because you deal with all my annoying questions, lmao.  but isn't it GROSS when you pull a cup of blood out of your vag??

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

Nikki M.
on 5/24/11 9:03 am
Hahaha Karen, you have such a way with words! ;)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

plusizedbarbie
on 5/24/11 9:06 am - Manahawkin, NJ
it's a gift

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

tripmom02
on 5/24/11 9:41 am - NJ
 LOL no more gross then when you pull out a tampon, actually probably less gross to me b/c I don't actually have to see much of it or touch a bloody  wet string *GAG*. I pull it out and dump it, have TP ready and I just stick it right in the cup give it a turn and dump that too, then rinse it quickly and reinsert. At the start there was a bit of a learning curve, but now my hands don't even get dirty. It's so much less gross to me then looking at a soiled pad every time I pull down my pants. Even on my heaviest day I only have to empty my cup twice a day (sometimes 3 if I know I am going to be out somewhere and don't want to take any chances). 

I have four kids, I am not afraid of any bodily fluid, there is very little that can gross me out. I have been peed, pooped, snotted, vomited and bled on, I have been there, done that and gotten the t-shirt.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Cathie N.
on 5/24/11 9:52 am - Augusta, GA
It's all gross to me. I hate having a period!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views